Help! I keep hanging up on people when talking on my Droid.
CJLuvsHerDroid

I absolutely love my Droid *but* need some help figuring out how to keep from hanging up on people and pressing keys by accidentally hitting the keypad with my cheek. Does anyone know what I can do to take care of this problem? Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Re: Help! I keep hanging up on people when talking on my Droid.
federjenn

I feel the same way.   I love the droid but keep hanging up on people...what's up with that?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

CJLuvsHerDroid wrote:

I absolutely love my Droid *but* need some help figuring out how to keep from hanging up on people and pressing keys by accidentally hitting the keypad with my cheek. Does anyone know what I can do to take care of this problem? Thanks!!!

the screen should automatically shut off due to the proximity sensors on the phone. Which side do you place the phone to your face?

It could be that the proximity sensors only work on one side of the face (a little far fetched but who knows)

Archaic method:

I have for one have never had the problem but if you have to, once you dial the person and the ringing begins, pull the phone away from your face, let the screen come back on, and then press the "on/off" button.  the screen will turn off but once you are done with the call, you will have to turn the phone back on.

Alternative method:

set your screen  timeout to 15 seconds.  Settings>Sound&Display>Screen Timeout

0 Likes
susandroid

I'm having a similar problem (randomly muting people during calls).  I've tried turning off the screen, but somehow during the call it must still come back up, because I'm still muting every time.  Anyone find a solution for this?

0 Likes
colfrmb

I'm going to the motorola support forums to see if anybody over there is having the same problems.  Is there a list of bugs posted somewhere that the developers are working on so we can add this issue to the list?

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

colfrmb wrote:

I'm going to the motorola support forums to see if anybody over there is having the same problems.  Is there a list of bugs posted somewhere that the developers are working on so we can add this issue to the list?

This is from cnet. There is a link within the article for the Motorola Forums. This is such a frustrating issue for those of us experiencing this issue. I am on my third Droid, and it still randomly happens.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19683_102-0.html?threadID=385639

0 Likes
Karmaeliz

I've done a lot of research on this issue as I've had the phone 4 days and I've not had one phone call that I haven't muted, hung up, or merged calls on accidentially due to the phone not staying blacked out when I'm on a call.  I've spent some time on the Motorola forum for the Droid as well as time with tech support.  No one I talk to seems to have heard of this problem and NO one knows what to due about it.  Would it be that hard to just have to phone locked when on a call?  and NO pressing the button at the top of the phone does not prevent this.  Neither does holding the phone a certain way, sitting completely still or cutting my long hair.

Here is a code site for google to maybe let them know more people are having this issue.  Right now it looks like its only a medium priority.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5720

Is there anyway to bring this to Verizon's attention that this needs fixed?  It not only happening to my Droid but to my husband's as well.  Any input from a Verizon employee would be great!  or anyone else for the matter :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
appsbeyond

Check out the Screen Suite app on the Android market.  Has a lock screen that can be configured to autolock on calls.  Stays locked even with the proximity sensor

0 Likes
klrsrb

I have this same problem very annoying, I take business calls and either hang up on them or mute them very annoying. the only solution I have found is to use a Bluetooth :smileysad: . People have also told me that I don't sound clear at all. I'm about ready to go back to the blackberry.

0 Likes