Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Home Replacement App HELP!!!
kyleh1

HELP!!!!!!!

I've looked through the entire forum and havent seen any posts on this issue.......My wife and I recently learned about home replacement apps!  We both installed pandahome on our ally's. when you would press the home button it would ask which one we'd like to use as default. she selected panda for for hers and set it to where it would remember it for the future. Well now when you unlock the phone the screen is black and all you can see is the status bar at the top. You cannot view anything else on the phone?!?! A box every now and then will come up and ask if you would like to force close or wait. We've tried both but nothing!?!?! Any suggestions?!?

0 Likes
Re: Home Replacement App HELP!!!
AZSALUKI
Community Leader
Community Leader

if it won't force close and is stuck frozen then you may have no option but to do a factory reset. you will lose everything that is not on the sd card and will have to set the phone back up. however, most phones have a manual way to factory reset the device (ie: hold volume up while pressing power, or something like that).

0 Likes
deifan8

I had some minor issues with Pandahome on my X so I uninstalled and reinstalled and is ok now.  It is not my favorite replacement home app by far.  Launcher Pro and ADW are much better in my opinion and I have had zero issues with either of those.  I only installed Pandahome as a last resort to get some theme that only worked on Panda.

You may have to do the hard reset unfortunately, but I suggest not using Panda but try one of the others that work far better.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Novice

Did you try pulling the battery out and waiting a few seconds before reinstalling it?

0 Likes