Home ++
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

I just downloaded a new application called Home++ and it's a replacement home screen like Panda and Open Home.

It's free and in beta - and it kicks **bleep**.  Better than the paid apps. 

It's smooth - has a great flip clock - 4 screens and tons of useful options.

It's the first one that I have replaced my home screen with.  Terrific.

0 Likes
Re: Home ++
Aximtreo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with you. I've been using it for about a week now. There is an update for it available today that smooth's some of the edges. I would recommend this to anyone; even it it's not free.

0 Likes
Mustangman

Any issues so far??  What were all those things it wants you to agree to before installing it??

0 Likes
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

I saw some comments that it had problems on the Droid. Also ran slow or slowed the phone? What phones is it running on? I worry about a beta for such an important app as replacing the home screens.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

It seems as fast and as smooth with no slowdown at all.

It did cause some issues when I woke up this morning but a reboot cured it.  Nothing serious.

I use the Droid and it works perfectly.  

I've used the others and this one seems by far the best and best thought out of the bunch.  

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I never had trouble with the native home but I downloaded this yesterday and I gotta say I think it is faster and easier to use on the Droid than the native.  With the fourth screen I was able to get rid of some folders and just fill a 4th screen and instead of using the phone app shortcut I can just hit the button on the bottom menu.  That rocks.  I didn't understand what the fix was for today.  Something about the dialer but I never had trouble with the dialer and not only does it not seem to slow me down it seems to speed things up.  I like not having the notification bar.  I am smart enough to figure out that a green flashing light means I have a message and a blue flashing light means I have new tweets.  If i see the light I push the notification button and bam there it is.  I like not having to drag the app menu up or down I can just hit the button.  Love this app.  I even wrote to the guy to tell him how much I liked it and a few suggestions like customizing the menu bar at the bottom and the ability to add or remove extra screens up to a point maybe 7 or even 5.  I like that the screens are on loop so you don't have to scroll all the way back to the other side to get to the far end.  So far I like it a lot better and it doesn't seem any slower as I said to me it seems slightly faster but that may just be me.  I also like that I can switch between home screen systems with the push of a button.  Loving this overall I must say. 

0 Likes
Mustangman

Thanks..................that is some good things to know.  I have not tried it yet! :robothappy:

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

I've been using it a few days without any problems and today my volume on my ringer went way down and stuff stopped responding.

I did a battery pull and everything else - even putting in the dock wouldnt get the dock started.  I may have been running too many applications.

I fixed it by using advanced task killer and killing all the tasks... now it runs like a dream again.

So much for those who think task killers are not necessary.

By the way after the best 200 applications list came out last night I downloaded about 10-15 new ones.  May have overdone it who knows.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Is there any way to use the icons from an Open Home theme?  I downloaded a theme for Open Home and really like the icons (GO Gators!), but the Home++ icons are the same as the default home.  How does that work anyway?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3
It may have to do with the upgrade today. I had my first issue as well. It just closed and went back to the old home. I restarted and it has been fine since.it is still in beta.
0 Likes