Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Home ++
SSHGuru
Novice

I just downloaded a new application called Home++ and it's a replacement home screen like Panda and Open Home.

It's free and in beta - and it kicks **bleep**.  Better than the paid apps. 

It's smooth - has a great flip clock - 4 screens and tons of useful options.

It's the first one that I have replaced my home screen with.  Terrific.

0 Likes
Re: Home ++
Aximtreo

I agree with you. I've been using it for about a week now. There is an update for it available today that smooth's some of the edges. I would recommend this to anyone; even it it's not free.

0 Likes
Mustangman

Any issues so far??  What were all those things it wants you to agree to before installing it??

0 Likes
M_R_L
Novice

I saw some comments that it had problems on the Droid. Also ran slow or slowed the phone? What phones is it running on? I worry about a beta for such an important app as replacing the home screens.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Novice

It seems as fast and as smooth with no slowdown at all.

It did cause some issues when I woke up this morning but a reboot cured it.  Nothing serious.

I use the Droid and it works perfectly.  

I've used the others and this one seems by far the best and best thought out of the bunch.  

0 Likes
fezzik
Novice

I never had trouble with the native home but I downloaded this yesterday and I gotta say I think it is faster and easier to use on the Droid than the native.  With the fourth screen I was able to get rid of some folders and just fill a 4th screen and instead of using the phone app shortcut I can just hit the button on the bottom menu.  That rocks.  I didn't understand what the fix was for today.  Something about the dialer but I never had trouble with the dialer and not only does it not seem to slow me down it seems to speed things up.  I like not having the notification bar.  I am smart enough to figure out that a green flashing light means I have a message and a blue flashing light means I have new tweets.  If i see the light I push the notification button and bam there it is.  I like not having to drag the app menu up or down I can just hit the button.  Love this app.  I even wrote to the guy to tell him how much I liked it and a few suggestions like customizing the menu bar at the bottom and the ability to add or remove extra screens up to a point maybe 7 or even 5.  I like that the screens are on loop so you don't have to scroll all the way back to the other side to get to the far end.  So far I like it a lot better and it doesn't seem any slower as I said to me it seems slightly faster but that may just be me.  I also like that I can switch between home screen systems with the push of a button.  Loving this overall I must say. 

0 Likes
Mustangman

Thanks..................that is some good things to know.  I have not tried it yet! :robothappy:

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Novice

I've been using it a few days without any problems and today my volume on my ringer went way down and stuff stopped responding.

I did a battery pull and everything else - even putting in the dock wouldnt get the dock started.  I may have been running too many applications.

I fixed it by using advanced task killer and killing all the tasks... now it runs like a dream again.

So much for those who think task killers are not necessary.

By the way after the best 200 applications list came out last night I downloaded about 10-15 new ones.  May have overdone it who knows.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Novice

Is there any way to use the icons from an Open Home theme?  I downloaded a theme for Open Home and really like the icons (GO Gators!), but the Home++ icons are the same as the default home.  How does that work anyway?

0 Likes
fezzik
Novice
It may have to do with the upgrade today. I had my first issue as well. It just closed and went back to the old home. I restarted and it has been fine since.it is still in beta.
0 Likes