How Do You Uninstall Google Talk
LuvMyDroid

My son inherited my Droid 1 and doesn't like online chats (not quite a Luddite, but close.)  How do I uninstall this app?  Nothing on the menus and long press doesn't work.

0 Likes
Re: How Do You Uninstall Google Talk
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can't. the google apps are preinstalled and you can't uninstall them. just don't sign into chat and it shouldn't matter.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I do wish you could uninstall/remove the preinstalled apps :smileysad:

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1
Twitter comes to mind...
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I HATE TWITTER.  I am sorry, but I really don't understand what's the point of it.  I can understand it was orginally designed for a different use makes sense somewhat, but in a public level it makes NO sense at all.  Now with the ability to add locations people have already been robbed using that feature. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

I HATE TWITTER.  I am sorry, but I really don't understand what's the point of it.  I can understand it was orginally designed for a different use makes sense somewhat, but in a public level it makes NO sense at all.  Now with the ability to add locations people have already been robbed using that feature. 

It's just a trend and money maker. The people that post "I'm going to be on vacation for 3 weeks'' that is basically just an invite to everyone saying not home, maybe i should visit the place

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

TheGreatOne wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

It's just a trend and money maker. The people that post "I'm going to be on vacation for 3 weeks'' that is basically just an invite to everyone saying not home, maybe i should visit the place

My father's neighbor got robbed when he went to the bahamas, and tweeted he was there with his location.  Dad came home from work and he found the door wide open and the house was EMPTY.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

but that's not twitter's fault. i'm not a twitter user, but i use facebook A LOT. i also know better than to post where i am (particularly when the wife and kids are in town by themselves). not bashin your dad's neighbor because that's awful, but people just need to use their heads and some common sense. i think fb myspace and twitter (and all the rest) are fun...just use your head before you "tweet." and these new features need to be used with caution...the ones that use gps. i believe it's the iphone app for fb that has a "places" app. it's people basically updating where they are ALL day and noght. that's just silly....lol. and i've heard about another site called 4 square? not familiar with it, but i believ it is COMPLETELY location based.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
What AZSALUKI wrote is exactly why I don't use any of those sites. I don't need the rest of the world knowing what I like to do even if I am careful about location information.

However I do use Google Talk. Mostly because my brother, who has a Moto Droid, does not use text messaging. Since he lives half way across the country, this is the often the only way I can have a conversation with him more than every couple of months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I use some stuff, but if it ever asks me if I want to use location stuff I always say no.  If an app uses it without my permission I remove it.

0 Likes