How can I get Marketplace back?
mindhead1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my Incredible to Froyo and lost the Marketplace app. Is there a way to get this app back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get Marketplace back?
mindhead1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 'Factory Reset' brings the Marketplace back.

On Droid Incredible: Menu-Settings-SD & Phone storage - Factory data rest - Reset phone & Internal storage

You will have to reinstall your apps. Make a note of your Apps and settings before the reset. Backup what you can.

Errol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Is it gone from the main screen AND the app listing???

0 Likes
mindhead1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It is gone from App menu and main screens (shortcuts). I have tried doing a battery pull to resolve the issue. The only other option I have heard about is to do a factory restore. If I do that, will it put me back on 2.1?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

No a factory reset installs 2.2. Someone suggested the factory reset to others, however no one has responded to if it works.

UPDATE, someone just posted doing the factory reset did the trick for them and the Marketplace is back.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Or you can go to a computer, sign in to it thru your phone info, and have it downloaded back to your phone. App brain does this, the market should as well
0 Likes
bbaker27

how can i get marketplace back through the computer

0 Likes
jenboomer

Yes, Please if anyone can help us that would be great. If I knew the upgrade was going to mess up my phone I would have never did the upgrade and if I read one more time that I have to do the factory rest, I will scream. There has to be a way.

bbaker27 wrote:

how can i get marketplace back through the computer

0 Likes
mindhead1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 'Factory Reset' brings the Marketplace back.

On Droid Incredible: Menu-Settings-SD & Phone storage - Factory data rest - Reset phone & Internal storage

You will have to reinstall your apps. Make a note of your Apps and settings before the reset. Backup what you can.

Errol

0 Likes
RonAnderson
There's an app called app brain, you can download apps from your computer to your phone.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

RonAnderson wrote:
There's an app called app brain, you can download apps from your computer to your phone.

AppBrain is nice but not a solution under this situation because AppBrain restores apps from market but does not restore the original Market app, there is only 2 ways I know that seem to work.

1. Reinstall app from a market backup apk (EStrong File Explorer works well)

2. Hard Reset on device.

0 Likes