How do I get my apps back after factory reset?
jayward1225

Recently I had to do a factory reset because the keyboard on my Incredible 2 completely disappeared.  Before I did the factory reset, I moved all my apps to my SD Card.  Now that I have done the reset though, I can't find any of the apps!  It says none on SD Card, Market doesn't show any downloaded apps either!  Help!!!  I had several apps downloaded, and not only do I want to lose the apps, I don't want to lose the scores and levels I had accomplished on some of the game apps.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my apps back after factory reset?
AZSALUKI
Legend

jayward1225 wrote:

Recently I had to do a factory reset because the keyboard on my Incredible 2 completely disappeared.  Before I did the factory reset, I moved all my apps to my SD Card.  Now that I have done the reset though, I can't find any of the apps!  It says none on SD Card, Market doesn't show any downloaded apps either!  Help!!!  I had several apps downloaded, and not only do I want to lose the apps, I don't want to lose the scores and levels I had accomplished on some of the game apps.

moving them to the sd card is not actually backing them up. you will have to reinstall all of them and you have lost your corresponding data (points, levels, etc). as wildman mentioned, you may want to consider a backup app. you can backup the apps themselves, as well as the data files that go with the apps, so that you can restore the app WITH data (pick up a game where you left off). if you go to the market from the pc i believe it will show all of the apps that you previously had on the phone....so you at least can easily download them all again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Open Market and select Menu and My Apps, this will show you your puchase apps and you just select and reinstall... 

MyBackup is something to concided to make thing easier next time, you can open MyBackup and select recover apps and all previous apps will reinstall..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jayward1225 wrote:

moving them to the sd card is not actually backing them up. you will have to reinstall all of them and you have lost your corresponding data (points, levels, etc). as wildman mentioned, you may want to consider a backup app. you can backup the apps themselves, as well as the data files that go with the apps, so that you can restore the app WITH data (pick up a game where you left off). if you go to the market from the pc i believe it will show all of the apps that you previously had on the phone....so you at least can easily download them all again.

0 Likes
jayward1225

Unfortunately when I went to the market for my PC, it still didn't have the apps there.  Looks like I am starting over!  Thansk for the backup advice, now I know!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jayward1225 wrote:

Unfortunately when I went to the market for my PC, it still didn't have the apps there.  Looks like I am starting over!  Thansk for the backup advice, now I know!

sorry...i was thinking of appbrain. you can find and download apps with appbrain, and it keeps track of what is on your phone. it's a nice alternative to "the market" and at least gives you a list of what was on your phone (but you still have to download everything again so a backup app is best).

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jayward1225 wrote:

Did you log into the Market site area because it wont show your apps until you log in at https://market.android.com/mylibrary

Wildman wrote:

Open Market and select Menu and My Apps, this will show you your puchase apps and you just select and reinstall... 

MyBackup is something to concided to make thing easier next time, you can open MyBackup and select recover apps and all previous apps will reinstall..

When I reported to open Market I was speaking of the app on the device but the method above will give you the info for the web site as well..

0 Likes