How do I limit the information apps can access?
JamesCaird

I note that when I download apps, I have to agree to provide them all kinds of information I do not think is necessary, like my contacts, etc. There is no selectivity in the field agree/disagree to download the app.

Is there a way to keep/use the app (e.g., sugar sync) without allowing them access to all our information?

I could not figure out how to do this?  Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I limit the information apps can access??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JamesCaird,

That's a great question! Currently this information is based on the application created by the third party vendor and is not currently a setting that can be adjusted to deny access to certain requested information.

If needed, you may contact the developer of the app for more information.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For which device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JamesCaird

LG G2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JamesCaird,

That's a great question! Currently this information is based on the application created by the third party vendor and is not currently a setting that can be adjusted to deny access to certain requested information.

If needed, you may contact the developer of the app for more information.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

JamesCaird wrote:

I note that when I download apps, I have to agree to provide them all kinds of information I do not think is necessary, like my contacts, etc. There is no selectivity in the field agree/disagree to download the app.

Is there a way to keep/use the app (e.g., sugar sync) without allowing them access to all our information?

I could not figure out how to do this?  Thanks

Think about what you wrote. It's a condition of downloading the app that you give access to that info. If you don't agree you don't download the app. There's no selectivity because they app maker wants access or they don't want you using the app.

0 Likes
JamesCaird

What I was trying to understand are the conditional options that might be available. I found your response a bit demeaning. If I knew the answer, I wouldn't ask the question. I am not convinced that there are not ways to limit access. You just don't know of any.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some suggested reading.

http://www.androidcentral.com/look-application-permissions

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-permissions-privacy-security

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes