How do I remove a downloaded wallpaper
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Awhile back I ended up downloading a wallpaper from someone that I can't get rid of. There is no way to uninstall it in the apps sections and I plugged in the USB cable and don't see it anywhere in memory.  I have a Droid Razr

Thanks for any ideas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove a downloaded wallpaper
Wildman
Legend

Like Ann reported, I believe this is a stock Live Wallpaper and this is why you can not uninstall it and it did not get carried over from another device because it doesnt work that way because the file would be located in the devices internal memory that you cant access...

Are you looking under wallpaper or animated wallpaper areas?

Also out of curiousity is there a reason that you are worried about removing this wallpaper?  If it is a stock wallpaper a hard rest wont help anyway because its part of OS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The easiest way to delete an app is by going to Market, then press the bottom left button to bring up settings.  Select My Apps and look for the application in question.  Once there, select the app and you will see the information page about the app and you will have an option to Open or Uninstall.  Select uninstall and the app will be removed. 

Another way is to press the bottom left button to go to settings.  Select settings and then select Applications.  Then select Manage Applications.  At the top, click on Downloaded and scroll down until you find the application you want to remove.  Once you click on the app to remove you will see an option to uninstall.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately neither of those work. I was emailed the app if I recall so it is not in the market. I went in to manage apps and everything is greyed out with no option to uninstall tyhe app. It says it takes no space.

Thanks

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds a bit strange because all downloaded apps should be uninstallable, are you sure its a downloaded app because if it is then the only way to remove a app that cant be removed a hard reset is the only workable method..

Try rebooting anf then see if the uninstall option shows,,

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, I did a hard reset, the equivalent of a bettery pull and still no luck. It doesn't show up as a downloaded app. It shows it as running but it is taking 0.00 B in space with all options greyed out. I was hioping I could see it somewhere in storage but don't know where the wallpapers are on a Razr.

I appreciate all the suggestions

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

johnmccoy51 wrote:

Thanks, I did a hard reset, the equivalent of a bettery pull and still no luck. It doesn't show up as a downloaded app. It shows it as running but it is taking 0.00 B in space with all options greyed out. I was hioping I could see it somewhere in storage but don't know where the wallpapers are on a Razr.

I appreciate all the suggestions

A battery pull isnt a hard reset, when you hard reset device it restores the device to the original state that the device was pulled from box when you bought the device, some data will get lost if not backed up.

Your device info reports you have a Droid X but you brought up a Razr, what device do you have?

Droid X

Read up on this at http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33552

Razr

Factory Data Reset

• From the screen of your phone, press the Menu button
  • Tap Settings.
  • Scroll down and tap Privacy
  • Tap Factory Data Reset
  • Check Erase internal storage if you would like to erase all the data on the phone internal storage such as applications, music, movies or photos.
  • Tap Reset Phone

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm a bit confused? are we talking about an actual app or just a wallpaper? a friend can text or email you a wallpaper to use, without requiring any additional app. if it is an actual app then what is the name of the app? if it's something embarassing (sexy asian wallpapers....or something like that) then you should do a hard reset as it could be infectious. i'm not implying anything here.....just stating that some of the wallpaper/picture apps out there with questionable content should be scrutinized before installing. do a hard reset if this is the case. if it was just a pic that you used as a wallpaper, then you should be able to find it and delete the pic.

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, this is a Razr, I just upgraded it last week from a DroidX and when I upgraded I did a resh wipe on the old phone and copied just the data over.

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

AZ, this is a wallpaper someone sent me awhile back. It is nothing racy, cigars but he did tell me to check  the unknown sources option and it was someone I trust. I have looked in storage but can't find where wallpapers are kept. I think all I need to do is to delete it from storage since it is a wallpaper and not an actual app.

It is not hurting anything, I would just like to remove it of I could.

Thanks for everyones suggestions.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can try to search your device (using the search button and setting your search options to device only) for "wallpaper" and see if it can find the folder it's in. most of my pics are in a folder called DCIM on the sd card. there are some wallpapers in the zedge folder (but only because i use zedge) and a couple of other folders associated with apps. if it was some type of file that was actually installed to the directory with all of the stock folders, then you may not be able to find and delete it without root access.

0 Likes