How do I remove useless default applications?
robertlj

Verizon installs many applications I do not need on my phone. For example Tetris and Scrabble are teaser applications that if I wish to use, I need to pay for them. I should be able to remove them to free up memory.

Would also like to remove

Bing

City ID

MobleIM

Slacker

Talk

VCast Music

VCAST Videos

VZ navigator,

0 Likes
Re: How do I remove useless default applications?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you cant

well you can but we cant discuss that here

use google and search

or go to xda or androidforums, or other places

they can tell youhow

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I assume it is impossible unless you do the r stuff
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If they are not preinstalled you goto Settings < Applications > Manage Applications > Select App > Uninstall but if the app is a pre installed app that was installed from factory they can not be removed.... 

You can visit http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Uninstalling-PreInstalled-Applications-I-will-not-Us... and read up more on the stock app situation..

0 Likes
DavidRT1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I am trying to find out how too. We should be able to remove pre-installed Verizon apps that we don't want to will never use. 200 mb total and averaging 170 mb free. Doesn't leave much room for messages or anything that can't be moved to SD card. Or allow us to move these to an SD card if we can't remove them.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

DavidRT1 wrote:

I agree. I am trying to find out how too. We should be able to remove pre-installed Verizon apps that we don't want to will never use. 200 mb total and averaging 170 mb free. Doesn't leave much room for messages or anything that can't be moved to SD card. Or allow us to move these to an SD card if we can't remove them.

No disrespect but you do realize you have almost 7 Gig of free space on your internal memory that is designed to store nothing but apps.  200mb isn't even a dent in the phones internal storage.  I have over 30 apps and I still have over 6 Gigs of internal still left...

Basically the option to store to SD Card is really needed for a device without a large amount of internal memory, Droid X isn't one of these devices.

777.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It think DavidRT1's LG Ally might disagree with you, Wildman. I don't believe that phone has a lot of internal memory to start with. I also don't believe the OP's LG Vortex had a ton of space either. They are both not high end phones like the Droid X.

BTW, The Thunderbolt only has approximately 2.6 GB free of internal memory for installation of user applications when it comes out of the box. The rest of the 8 GB emmc is used by the OS, cache and others things (RAM, maybe).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
robertlj

The amount of space you have on an android device depends on the model.

Currently I have 22.51 MB free space after moving all possible applications to the external card.

An LG Vortex has 512 MB or ROM.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
It think DavidRT1's LG Ally might disagree with you, Wildman. I don't believe that phone has a lot of internal memory to start with. I also don't believe the OP's LG Vortex had a ton of space either. They are both not high end phones like the Droid X.

BTW, The Thunderbolt only has approximately 2.6 GB free of internal memory for installation of user applications when it comes out of the box. The rest of the 8 GB emmc is used by the OS, cache and others things (RAM, maybe).

Good point, I don't know many that hasn't changed over to a power device so my mind doesn't even think about other lesser power devices. Also that is strange that the TB storage is dispersed in such a manner that only give you 2 Gigs loose out of the box.

0 Likes