How do you get the weather apps to work?
msbonita1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded two weather apps and can't seem to get the temp on the home screen like I've seen in other phones.  Can someone help?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you get the weather apps to work?
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

msbonita1 wrote:

I downloaded two weather apps and can't seem to get the temp on the home screen like I've seen in other phones.  Can someone help?  Thanks

make sure you add them as widgets.

go to your home screen.  press anywhere on the screen and hold. then a dialogue box will appear. choose "widget".  all the apps that are avail for a widget will appear. choose the weather app you want (make sure your GPS is on as the Weather Channel requires this) and your temp will magically appear.

remember....widget

also remember that if you have to keep your GPS on, your battery will drain fast. I mean faster than a purple frog at the county fair. now that is fast.  but

remember...widget

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rlivin

Try weatherbug, works great for me. shows the temp in top of home screen.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

msbonita1 wrote:

make sure you add them as widgets.

go to your home screen.  press anywhere on the screen and hold. then a dialogue box will appear. choose "widget".  all the apps that are avail for a widget will appear. choose the weather app you want (make sure your GPS is on as the Weather Channel requires this) and your temp will magically appear.

remember....widget

also remember that if you have to keep your GPS on, your battery will drain fast. I mean faster than a purple frog at the county fair. now that is fast.  but

remember...widget

0 Likes
msbonita1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, that worked perfectly.  You are right about the battery though. 

0 Likes