How many apps...
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Coming from BB, where memory for apps was practically non-existent, I'm not used to downloading apps without worrying about an overloaded memory and phone crashes - if the app ever really installed anyway.  The thread about gaming got me to thinking...about how many apps have y'all installed?  Around 10?  About 50?  Over 100?  1000??  (I've downloaded about 50.)

0 Likes
Re: How many apps...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I seem to average around 30 for my baby Droid. Of which I don't have near the amount of space to work with as newer phones. They are usually on the small size. I am quite picky as to which apps get to stay on my phone. There's no Angry Birds on this phone even if I would like to try it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i have over fifty (probably closer to 100...and some are fairly large). i move as many as i can to my 8gig micro sd card. i use an app called sdmove to manage moving my apps. it shows you which apps are on the internal memory and which ones are on the card. it also color codes them in a list between which ones prefer to stay on internal memory, prefer sd card, can't be moved, etc. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I havent seen any reason to copy any apps to sd card with 8gigs of internal memoery.

I have about 100 and most of them are memory intensive but with all the internal memory I havent broke a dent in my device.  I have a numer of networking tools and also I am a gamer fan and have a number of first shooters and racing games.

0 Likes
Thunderstrike

Hello, I wanted to let you know that the HTC Thunderbolt is amazing. I had used the Palm and Pocket PC on the Verizon network and I thought that was wild but I love my Android device much better. I have currently about 847 apps on my phone and everytime I click on one it works with no problem. I updated my phone and couldn't tell anything yet about it but I know it did not affect the device or the software. I see all the negative things about it but basically when I have that many apps on there I am sure there will be bumps. Probably the only thing I have seen is after so many apps being transferred to the SD card, the phone will not see them so I go on the SD card and transfer some out of the folder where they are stored and if I want to use it again I put it back into that folder and I can use it again. I have some games but most are tools and productivity and study items. Probably wont get rid of any unless they pose a problem. I have purchased over 125 and I am sure the Market loves me. They are ones I chose to buy cause I wanted all the features not to get rid of advertising, I can live with those apps. I wonder some day I will lock it up but till that time happens I happy. Mostly now when I search for apps to get there are not any that interest me but occasionally I do. I hope you are having fun with your device like I am.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thunderstrike wrote:

I have currently about 847 apps on my phone

Boy did you leave any apps on the Market for us?  Thats a lot of apps on a device.. :smileyvery-happy:

Probably the only thing I have seen is after so many apps being transferred to the SD card, the phone will not see them so I go on the SD card and transfer some out of the folder where they are stored and if I want to use it again I put it back into that folder and I can use it again.

I just see the saving to the SD Card to be flawed because the files are not accesssable when device is used as Storage Device and also the SD Card is usually the last thing mounted when a system is rebooted which causes issues for apps set to run at startup.... The need to partition some of the internal memory as a secured storage drive that can be accessed even when device is mounted kind of how WM devices use to do..

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I have close to 300 apps on my X :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
B33
Legend

My goodness girl:   :smileyvery-happy:    if i pute that many on Birth she'd spit an fart an probably run off an leave Me.!  :smileywink:

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2
I do love my X, sometimes he gives me issues but overall he's a brute :smileywink: my husband refers to him as my other husband, lol
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Koosh its getting close to that ol time those big poppers will be going off.  are U gonna watch  i can see the Biggens from wear i live but hech there'll be ones in the Neighbor hood shooten too an some of them are pretty big. those chineese lanterns are really cool . :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes