Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How to remove apps
renaes19
I have icons for apps that I used to have and are no longer available in market. How do I get them off?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How to remove apps
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Long press the icons and drag them to trash can at the bottom of the screen until the icon turns red and then release.

To remove the applications, go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the application. Select it and press the uninstall button.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Long press the icons and drag them to trash can at the bottom of the screen until the icon turns red and then release.

To remove the applications, go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the application. Select it and press the uninstall button.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pool_shark

If the apps are no longer available in the market but they are still functional, I would back them up. That way you can install them again later if you want/need them.

0 Likes
renaes19
Thank you, you're suggestion worked perfectly. The apps no longer work which its why I wanted to uninstall them and when I did it through market it uninstalled but the icons were still in my menu.
0 Likes