How to stop Slacker from running?
VerizonCustomer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have the Motorola Droid Maxx HD and Slacker was pre-installed.  It runs whenever the phone is rebooted... I force stop it, yet I keep seeing back in the running state when I check it at a later date.  I also discovered that it was using some of my data plan even thought I NEVER, NEVER, EVER use the application.

There are several pre-installed applications (games and Slacker) that I want removed from my phone.  I don't want them and I don't agree to their access to my phone.

How do I get rid of these applications that have access to my data and use my data plan without my permission????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop Slacker from running? It was using data plan even though I never use the app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Click the Uninstall Updates button and wait for the updates to uninstall.  The button should then change to Disable (or Turn Off, depending on your OS version).  Press that and the app will be disabled/turned off until you decide to re-enable it.

View solution in original post

Re: How to stop Slacker from running? It was using data plan even though I never use the app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't remove the pre-installed apps, but they can be disabled which will prevent them from running or using data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VerizonCustomer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

How do I stop Slacker from starting?  I don't want it running on my phone ever.  All I find is the option to Force Stop... but that doesn't stop Slacker from restarting.

I found the setting to stop it from using my data plan -

Settings | Data Usage | Slacker | scroll down and check the Restrict background data.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't stop the app from transmitting via WiFi.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Post a screenshot of the Slacker app information which is found under Settings > applications > all tab

What is the version of the OS are you running?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VerizonCustomer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android 4.1.2

Slacker info:

slacker.png

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Click the Uninstall Updates button and wait for the updates to uninstall.  The button should then change to Disable (or Turn Off, depending on your OS version).  Press that and the app will be disabled/turned off until you decide to re-enable it.

VerizonCustomer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much!  Hopefully this post helps others!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonCustomer1000, we want to help you manage your data allowance. Unfortunately, you're unable to delete pre-installed applications downloaded to your device by the manufacturer. Have you tried uninstalling data and updates for the Slacker application in Settings>Manage Applications>Slacker Radio>Unintall Updates>Clear Data? Power your device off/on and verify if this issue still persists. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes