Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ILLEGAL OR LEGAL DROID APPS???
Aceman500000

Does anyone knows if the following apps below, which are on the droid marketplace, were illegal to download and use?:::

• Music Wizard
  • MP3 Download
  • MP3 Music Download
  • MP3 Downloader
  • Free MP3 Download
  • Music Ringtone
0 Likes
Re: ILLEGAL OR LEGAL DROID APPS???
Ann154
Expert
Expert
You can search http://market.android.com from a PC and see what applications are available from the Android Market.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Aceman500000 wrote:

Does anyone knows if the following apps below, which are on the droid marketplace, were illegal to download and use?:::

• Music Wizard
  • MP3 Download
  • MP3 Music Download
  • MP3 Downloader
  • Free MP3 Download
  • Music Ringtone

they are likely not illegal to just download and have on your phone. however, if they are file sharing programs and you obtain copyrighted material, then it's illegal. i suspect if you download one of them, there will be some fine print in the user agreement that states something about knowing the rules and laws regarding copyrighted material.

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Apps like this make sure to remove any responsibility from the developers of the apps because the app is designed to access the data that another source has setup in a designated location to grant others access, if material is copyrighted the responsibility falls on the user storing the files as well as the ones that decided to download files under the programs agreement.  If you are worried about the source being illegal I suggest you real over the agreement terms for the right to access the data.

0 Likes
Jax_Omen
If you have to ask...
0 Likes