IS THERE AN APP FOR THAT?
scoty777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know, I've seen these questions, but I still am wondering if there are definitive answers?

1. Battery life: even though this is a PDA, by Dell PDA lasts a long time and it is 3 years old..One of the solutions for battery life is my second question..is there an app for that?

2. I can't delete peep or stocks which I never use..they pop up as soon as you turn off your screen..Is there an App for that?

3. My Motorola blue tooth will not work now; it says it is paired, but nothing...It is a Motorola H15..Is there an app for that?

4. Verizon should put some widgets on the phone that long time users are used to, I can manipulate everything just fine, but would like some familiar Verizon touch applications, is there an app for that?....

I think this would be a great commercial for iPhone to fire back...Is there an app for that?...anyway, I love my phone so would like to see these issues fixed, I see some updates are due December 11th, is this because it would be past the 30 trial period of when most people got their phones? I am quite sceptical as you can see....sorry if this comes across wrong, but this is starting to look like Microsoft.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IS THERE AN APP FOR THAT?
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Battery life is relative to how reponsible you are with regards to the apps you install. Most applications you install should "sleep" when the screen is locked and not drain the battery. However, if you install applications that interact with key functions like "SMS" or email queries, then they might turn rogue and run continuously. There have been posts where 3rd party applications get suck in a poll for new email updates. The best bet for the is the app called "Spare Parts" It tells you what apps use the most CPU as well as which apps have the most "partial wake usage". (we have an app for that)

You can't remove Peep or Stocks or anything that came with the phone. However, even though they start on boot, they're not running actively. They may have event listeners in place, but they're basically just sitting there doing nothing at all (except using a small amount of memory). Download Advance Task Killer (we have an app for that)

Bluetooth is a known bug and Verizon is supposed to be pushing a patch on Dec 11th and Jan 22nd to address that issue and others.  (we have an app  bug for that)

If you search the market for "verizon" there are a few Verizon applications that may be similar to what you need. If not, give it some time. The Android market new development has grown something like 200% in the past month (we'll have an app for that)

Give it some time and you'll be "white as rice" with your Droid!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ardoreal
Enthusiast - Level 2

scoty777 wrote:

I know, I've seen these questions, but I still am wondering if there are definitive answers?

1. Battery life: even though this is a PDA, by Dell PDA lasts a long time and it is 3 years old..One of the solutions for battery life is my second question..is there an app for that?

2. I can't delete peep or stocks which I never use..they pop up as soon as you turn off your screen..Is there an App for that?

3. My Motorola blue tooth will not work now; it says it is paired, but nothing...It is a Motorola H15..Is there an app for that?

4. Verizon should put some widgets on the phone that long time users are used to, I can manipulate everything just fine, but would like some familiar Verizon touch applications, is there an app for that?....

I think this would be a great commercial for iPhone to fire back...Is there an app for that?...anyway, I love my phone so would like to see these issues fixed, I see some updates are due December 11th, is this because it would be past the 30 trial period of when most people got their phones? I am quite sceptical as you can see....sorry if this comes across wrong, but this is starting to look like Microsoft.

[edit]

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Battery life is relative to how reponsible you are with regards to the apps you install. Most applications you install should "sleep" when the screen is locked and not drain the battery. However, if you install applications that interact with key functions like "SMS" or email queries, then they might turn rogue and run continuously. There have been posts where 3rd party applications get suck in a poll for new email updates. The best bet for the is the app called "Spare Parts" It tells you what apps use the most CPU as well as which apps have the most "partial wake usage". (we have an app for that)

You can't remove Peep or Stocks or anything that came with the phone. However, even though they start on boot, they're not running actively. They may have event listeners in place, but they're basically just sitting there doing nothing at all (except using a small amount of memory). Download Advance Task Killer (we have an app for that)

Bluetooth is a known bug and Verizon is supposed to be pushing a patch on Dec 11th and Jan 22nd to address that issue and others.  (we have an app  bug for that)

If you search the market for "verizon" there are a few Verizon applications that may be similar to what you need. If not, give it some time. The Android market new development has grown something like 200% in the past month (we'll have an app for that)

Give it some time and you'll be "white as rice" with your Droid!

0 Likes
scoty777
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I'm Sorry 8-(

0 Likes
scoty777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon should be proud of this device..as mentioned, I really like it. I think the only downloads I have are those that turn stuff on and off like airplane mode, vibrate, and silence except for the app killer and the cool compass; (still not sure why I have that one but I think it's cool). On the Android forum, in their own web site; they discuss the problem with the preloaded system apps like peeps and stocks using memory as they run in the background, so your response is confusing. You do represent Verizon well and honorably. Good job under pressure, you need a promotion!! I can't wait for the patches but I will, I like this phone much better than any other device I've had, and trust me...I have had quite a few, I have been a long time Verizon customer..thanks for your informative response...you did a good job of defusing..Cathy298 just responded by saying..keep is courteous which solves nothing merely renders a way out for her; Yours on the other hand takes the problem, returns the answer, and responds with an appropriate be patient..it will come. Good job..I wish I worked for Verizon...ANY SUPERVISORS READING THIS; THIS REPRESENTATIVE NEEDS TO BE PROMOTED!!

0 Likes
scoty777
Enthusiast - Level 2

{removed for discussion of moderator actions}

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Hi scoty777

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm not affiliated with Verizon except under the 5 phone family contract... lol...  At most my experience comes from being an software support engineer and an avid Android nerd!

Also, the "cathy" person above is a forum moderator... she erased a very nasty post that someone else apparently entered. She erased and left a message to THAT person to keep it courteous.

0 Likes