Import music
wtc

I have music on my laptop and would like to export (copy) them to my Eris.  I can not find out how to do this.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Import music
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

wtc wrote:

I have music on my laptop and would like to export (copy) them to my Eris.  I can not find out how to do this.  Any help is appreciated.

1.  connect eris to laptop via usb cable

2.  in notification bar you will see the universal symbol for "usb"

3.  pull down notification bar

4.  tap "usb connected", click on "mount"

go to your windows explorer and "computer" and you will see that your eris is now a drive.

you will now be able to drag and drop your music onto the eris. make sure that it is in the music file.  no music file? disconnect the eris by going back into your notification bar and disconnect the eris.  then format the sd card via the eris, this will allow the eris to create the necessary file folders needed for it's programs to understand/read.

your eris' sd card cannot be used by your phone while it is connected to your laptop.  essentially, your laptop owns the sd card while it is connected to your laptop.  the card can only be used by one device at a time. so if your laptop is using the sd card, as a drive, then you cant use the camera or music apps.  if you need to use your camera or music app asap then yes you have to disconnect the eris from your pc. 

however, if a call comes in you will be able to answer it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wtc

Also, I am getting a message that says the SD card is unavailable because it is being used as USB storage. Disconnect USB to access SD card.

Can someone put this in plain English as to what I should do?  Does that mean to disconnect the USB cable from the phone?  if so, then what.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

wtc wrote:

1.  connect eris to laptop via usb cable

2.  in notification bar you will see the universal symbol for "usb"

3.  pull down notification bar

4.  tap "usb connected", click on "mount"

go to your windows explorer and "computer" and you will see that your eris is now a drive.

you will now be able to drag and drop your music onto the eris. make sure that it is in the music file.  no music file? disconnect the eris by going back into your notification bar and disconnect the eris.  then format the sd card via the eris, this will allow the eris to create the necessary file folders needed for it's programs to understand/read.

your eris' sd card cannot be used by your phone while it is connected to your laptop.  essentially, your laptop owns the sd card while it is connected to your laptop.  the card can only be used by one device at a time. so if your laptop is using the sd card, as a drive, then you cant use the camera or music apps.  if you need to use your camera or music app asap then yes you have to disconnect the eris from your pc. 

however, if a call comes in you will be able to answer it.

0 Likes