Is there a app to make ringtones from voice recorder on the droids?
gr8fandini

Well, the heading says it all. Is there an app for this?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a app to make ringtones from voice recorder on the droids?
AZSALUKI
Legend

not sure, but ringdroid lets you make ringtones from audio files so i'd think you could record what you want, then use ringdroid to turn it into a tone.

0 Likes
gr8fandini

I used to be able to record a sound in the recorder in my old LG phone, send it to myself and then save the received file as a ringtone. Had recorded some of those great one liners from movies and such and made them exclusive ringtones for certain people and that way I didn't have to look to see who was calling. Haven't been able to figure out a way to do this on my blackberry storm. Been looking at some of the new droid phones and want to ask a lot of questions about them before I drop the $, besides my storm still is in great shape at the moment and works most of the time......... when I don't ask too much of it!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i can tell you this much.....my brother in law went from the tour to the storm 2. after playing around with my htc incredible, he wishes he would've went with a droid. the android system is truly amazing and the apps are endless. if it can be done on a device, then chances are any of the droids can do it. HOWEVER....it's a very different interface and there is a learning curve and, admitedly, i've seen many bb users with complaints about "how" certain things must be accomplished on a droid vs. a bb (i suspect though, they were just used to doing things differently. they knew how on the bb and had to learn how on the droids).

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ou can either use the ringtone trimmer that is part of the music program or I use Ringdroid.  I found some old voice recordings and they can be edited just fine.

Make sure the recordings are placed in your music file.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried opening file in default audio player and select menu and pick use as ringer, if this dont work you can copy file into the SD/Media/Audio/Ringtones folder (If Ringtones isnt in directory just create it) and the audio should show up in the ringer select menu list.

0 Likes
md2002

I use Recordoid. It's a free APP and very simple!! I had my wife talk into it with some of the things she always yells at me about, then I save it and set it as a ring tone. It drops the recording right into your ringtone list.

Very cool

0 Likes