Is there an organized List of Android Apps?
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Looking for an Apps list reachable from the Desktop to look for apps for the DX

Went to the Android Market place. :smileysad: Not much in the way of Grouping or categories

Has anyone catalogued the Android Apps into a database with hyperlinks to Categories and Sub Categories?

Should be something that would allow you to drill down to a list of Apps of interest with a thumbnail sketch describing the app and its limitations and capabilities.

0 Likes
Re: Is there an organized List of Android Apps?
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

appbrain.com

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

https://market.android.com/

Thanks for the response.  The Android Mrket is the Bad one.  Not user friendly. :smileyhappy:

Great looking Avatars.  All Apps scrambled int two piles Free and Paid.

Perhaps I am missing something.  perhaps there is a way to organize the scramble into groups and subgroups??

What am I missing?

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

mdram4x4 wrote:

appbrain.com

Thanks.  Appbrain seems to be better organized than Android Market.  Still a lot of space wasted/Time Wasted on Large beautiful Avatars that add nothing to the selection process.:smileyhappy:  Do like the fact that the Avatar pops up an expanded description.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jmccoy70 wrote:

Wildman wrote:

https://market.android.com/

Thanks for the response.  The Android Mrket is the Bad one.  Not user friendly. :smileyhappy:

Great looking Avatars.  All Apps scrambled int two piles Free and Paid.

Perhaps I am missing something.  perhaps there is a way to organize the scramble into groups and subgroups??

What am I missing?

I guess I never paid it any attention because I always know what I am searching for..   But glad to hear AppBrain worked for you and you have a solution.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

there is also amazon app store

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jmccoy70 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

appbrain.com

Thanks.  Appbrain seems to be better organized than Android Market.  Still a lot of space wasted/Time Wasted on Large beautiful Avatars that add nothing to the selection process.:smileyhappy:  Do like the fact that the Avatar pops up an expanded description.

i use appbrain. however, the market does have a "categories" tab that separates them all (games, health, education, finance, etc). i'm not sure what else they could really do than that? 

0 Likes