Kindle-any free books to download??
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

Just d/l Kindle onto my Droid.......do  all the books have a fee or are there any free ones??

0 Likes
Re: Kindle-any free books to download??
dave22

KK814 wrote:

Just d/l Kindle onto my Droid.......do  all the books have a fee or are there any free ones??

Don't know 'bout Kindle. Try Kobo reader

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

kindle has some free stuff....but from what i've read, they are hard to find and very limited. it appears that unless you have a kindle (or someone else with an account that you can use and transfer there books from), then some of the other ereader apps may be better.....for now.

0 Likes
freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded the kindle app on my motorola droid and was pleasantly suprised.  I found a few reputable free books within the first few pages of listing in the amazon store: Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock holmes, and some others.  I downloaded Alice in Wonderland, it has settings to adjust backlighting and background color, default settings will give you a migraine quick!  Overall I think it is a good app, and you dont need a kindle to use it!  Give it a try what can you lose it's free.

0 Likes
freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh by the way I just searched free to find the free books, I didn't clarify.  Not so hard to find in my opinion.

0 Likes
dsatt57

Try at Project Gutenburg, it's all free.

http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/

0 Likes
adelard

search the devine comedy, I found all three for free.

0 Likes