LG Enlighten - Yahoo doesn't work
Cher42164

Good Morning All; This is the first phone I have ever had with Web Browsing.....My question is how do I clear the history? Right now, when I try to go to Yahoo I get a Message "Data Connectivity Problem; This page contains too many server redirects" I am unsure what to do here? I figure if I clear out the history and start over again, the problem will fix itself? Has anyone else seen this kind of thing before? I know Yahoo is working on my home laptop. Thank you, Cheryl

0 Likes
Re: LG Enlighten - Yahoo doesn't work
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Cher42164, clearing the cache and browser history can provide your phone with memory and help improve some of your device functionalities. I haven't seen this error message before but know that customers should clear their cache and history periodically so that your phone wont start to slow down. I have listed steps below.

1. Launch the Web Browser.

2. Press the Menu button.

3. Select Settings.

Steps to Clear Cache 

1. From the Privacy settings section, select Clear cache.
    Note Visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

2. Select OK.

Steps to clear history

1. From the Privacy settings section, select Clear history.
    Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

2. Select OK.

Steps to Clear Cookie Data

Some cookies contain customized preference and logon information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again.

1. From the Privacy settings section, select Clear all cookie data

2. Select OK.

0 Likes
Re: LG Enlighten - Yahoo doesn't work
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Usually i like to recommend that people use the app made by the respective mail provider. In this case Yahoo. Download yahoo mail and it works much better. If you use hotmail, download hotmail and so on. For some reason the stock mail app is not as good as the one written by the email providers themselves. Make sure the task killer if you use one is not killing those apps.
0 Likes