Latest news on Flash
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

According to Phandroid Android to See Flash 10.1 In Second Half of 2010. Let the groaning begin. :smileywink:

0 Likes
Re: Latest news on Flash
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Expect to see that pushed out by June.  They have been saying oh yeah next quarter, or end of the year or whatever for as long as there have been android phones.  They were telling G1 users that for years. 

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I've read that flash implementation on mobile platforms is just an absolute nightmare. I wouldn't expect that we'll ever really see it. I know I stopped even worrying about it. Sure, it would be nice if it was brought out and worked well, but my guess is that if/when it does arrive, there'll be more complaining about the fact that it's terrible than there was about us not having it.

Just what I've read around the web...

0 Likes
OsoPolar

Or, if you must have Flash, you could get an Incredible or Eris, since they have Sense UI, and therefore Flash, albeit not the newest version, it is still highly functioning for most* internet uses.

*I understand that there is a known issue with some flash used for various web-videos. Nothing's perfect, however this problem is most likely due to the limited cache size available on the Eris. 6mb is nothing versus some of the large flash sites out there.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

OsoPolar wrote:

Or, if you must have Flash, you could get an Incredible or Eris, since they have Sense UI, and therefore Flash, albeit not the newest version, it is still highly functioning for most* internet uses.

*I understand that there is a known issue with some flash used for various web-videos. Nothing's perfect, however this problem is most likely due to the limited cache size available on the Eris. 6mb is nothing versus some of the large flash sites out there.

yeah, but those are flash lites.  the article said FULL Flash support.  i'll wait for that rather than accept a watered down version.

0 Likes
OsoPolar

Absolutely Good on ya. I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes