Location Services and Weatherbug Elite
Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted this in the wrong portion of the Android forms, so I am going to repost here.

I just came from sprint and really liked the Weatherbug Elite application...the paid version.  So, once putting it on my Droid Charge and trying to enable the "My Location" service, I get the following message:

"At least one location provider must be available before using My Location.  Check your system Settings"

If I put on the VZW location services, it still does not work.  I get the same message.  If I put on the google one, it works and I don't get that message.

Anyone else noticing problems like this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Location Services and Weatherbug Elite
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Thanks for the contributions!

You will want to use the Google GPS services since those are tied to the Market apps.  Any further info on the applications, should be directed to the developer.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This sounds like a software conflict, have you since the Charge is such a new device I would say the developer hasnt made the app support the device.

I would contact developer of app for solution...

0 Likes
Ivangorod

I've had the same issues on my Thunderbolt. Had the Evo before switching to Verizon and never had these issues.

0 Likes
Farnk

Try... Menu > Settings > Location & security and see if either Use wireless networks or GPS satellites are ticked.

re: http://androidforums.com/android-applications/345836-weatherbug-wants-location.html#post2796620

0 Likes
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

Stuball76 wrote:

I posted this in the wrong portion of the Android forms, so I am going to repost here.

I just came from sprint and really liked the Weatherbug Elite application...the paid version.  So, once putting it on my Droid Charge and trying to enable the "My Location" service, I get the following message:

"At least one location provider must be available before using My Location.  Check your system Settings"

If I put on the VZW location services, it still does not work.  I get the same message.  If I put on the google one, it works and I don't get that message.

Anyone else noticing problems like this?

I have the same weatherbug widget on my Charge and am using Google location services and it works great. As far as I can tell, the VZW location service is a proprietary service used for VZW Apps like VZ Navigator.  I had both selected for a while and the Weatherbug Elite widget showed the correct locations fine. Now, I just have the Google location services enabled as the only VZW app that I use is My Verizon Mobile 
0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi everyone! Thanks for the contributions!

You will want to use the Google GPS services since those are tied to the Market apps.  Any further info on the applications, should be directed to the developer.

Thank you!

0 Likes