Lookout mobile security
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3
Wildman did I see you using this app and if so what is your opinion?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lookout mobile security
Wildman
Legend

Yes I have been using Lookout since the release of the Droid X and the app seems to work well without causing a lot of resource issues, the device doesnt lag or freeze due to using the app.   Now as for the level of security it is still unknown because the attacks where minimal and there hasnt been enough attacks on devices to experiance or judge the level of protection it provides.

The developer of the app has a good history developing of identifing security issues before it makes it to the customer so for now I am happy with using the application...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Yes I have been using Lookout since the release of the Droid X and the app seems to work well without causing a lot of resource issues, the device doesnt lag or freeze due to using the app.   Now as for the level of security it is still unknown because the attacks where minimal and there hasnt been enough attacks on devices to experiance or judge the level of protection it provides.

The developer of the app has a good history developing of identifing security issues before it makes it to the customer so for now I am happy with using the application...

0 Likes
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks just figured you give great info.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

atmdevoted wrote:
Several good security apps are now available, Webroot, Kaspersky and now Eset which is now in beta. I am testing Eset now and I really like it. Webroot is also real good but not for r????? phones.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

nickjr wrote:

atmdevoted wrote:
Several good security apps are now available, Webroot, Kaspersky and now Eset which is now in beta. I am testing Eset now and I really like it. Webroot is also real good but not for r????? phones.

I actually like Kaspersky for PC but I havent tested it for mobile, also didnt realize Eset decided to step into the mobile game, I may have to test this ones out....   Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I was going to say I am going to look into kapersky because I use it on all my computers and always recommend it for others but never considered it for mobile.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

atmdevoted wrote:

Yeah I was going to say I am going to look into kapersky because I use it on all my computers and always recommend it for others but never considered it for mobile.

Got Kaspersky Trail installed and testing now... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

First impression is good, the system scan did not try to say all my custom backup files was infected and then deleted them like AVG did to me and also it scanned my xml files and reported commands that was risky because I wrote commands to override system files for custom themes. That is good because most apps dont check file contents until they ran it.

I am liking Kaspersky Mobile already with my first impression, now if it doesn't affect system resources much its a keeper for me... I will give it the 7 day trial before deciding....

Another thing that I like this will allow me to pull 3 apps of my device that Kaspersky does also...

0 Likes
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

Another thing that I like this will allow me to pull 3 apps of my device that Kaspersky does also...

Don't understand what you mean I think . I downloaded it to my phone also to try.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

atmdevoted wrote:

Wildman wrote:

Don't understand what you mean I think . I downloaded it to my phone also to try.

Ha Ha, shows that a couple of words can throw meaning off..

Another thing that I like is that this wiill allow me to pull 3 apps off my device that Kaspersky does also...

This means I can remove Lookout, Call Blocker Elite and Verizon locating service apps from the device and replace with Kaspersky only...

0 Likes