Map Live Wallpaper -How do I select Los Angeles?
CellPhone13
Ok, I finally figured out that a 2 fingers tap works as a zoom out function; But how in the world do I select the Los Angeles area?

This app is beyond frustrating.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Map Live Wallpaper -How do I select Los Angeles?
Wildman
Legend

What is so frustrating?   I think that Google Map with Navigation is one of the best GPS apps I have used....  I do not get what you are asking about LosAngles, the map will show your loacation and if you are in LosAngeles then the map should reflect this, if not you may need to make sure that the GPS is turned on....  Go to Settings / Location and Security and check Standalone GPS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

What is so frustrating?   I think that Google Map with Navigation is one of the best GPS apps I have used....  I do not get what you are asking about LosAngles, the map will show your loacation and if you are in LosAngeles then the map should reflect this, if not you may need to make sure that the GPS is turned on....  Go to Settings / Location and Security and check Standalone GPS.

0 Likes
CellPhone13
Hahaha; Ok, smarty pants šŸ˜ƒ

Where in the heck were the instructions to check the Standalone GPS setting? I was under the false impression that the Google Location Services would suffice.

Thanks again for the help.

Ps, the traffic is not at all accurate. In a location that gets hit with heavy traffic every morning, the map displayed nothing but Green.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry if you took it as sarcasm but I didnt get what you was saying, as for GPS activation go to Settings / Location and Security and check Standalone GPS, the  Google Location Services only triangulates your location with towers that isn't as reliable and as for the traffic I never use that on Google Maps, it works well on the Navigation app for redirecting around slow traffic.

0 Likes
CellPhone13
No sarcasm taken. I was just messing around, because that was such an easy fix.

To be specific about the traffic issue; I'm specifically talking about using the Google Map as the Live Map Wallpaper. Or whatever that map is.

I have the function set to display the traffic. However it's not very accurate.

Anyway, Now that I have the map set to Los Angeles, why does the map on the Live Wallpaper only display the city where my billing address is located?

When I traveled approximately 30 miles away, the map doesn't change.
If that's not a function that supposed to occur, then where do I go to change locations?

I'm asking because I spend a lot of time at another residence that is approximately 40 miles away from my billing address.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated!!!
0 Likes