Missing Apps
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

I have just updated my Storm to v5.0.0.328 last night, and after the troublesome update mentioned here http://forums.verizon.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/URGENT-Storm-Firmware-Problem/m-p/106813 and redownloading the available apps, I have noticed I am missing the following apps I had before

-Word Mole

-Brick Breaker

-Microsoft Office (all, I have the folder, but the folder is empty)

-Youtube

(there could be more, I haven't noticed anything else missing yet though)

I have tried sending Service Books and doing a hard reboot by removing the battery, but I am still not getting these apps back, any possibility of getting these apps back?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missing Apps
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

mikedamirault wrote:

I have just updated my Storm to v5.0.0.328 last night, and after the troublesome update mentioned here http://forums.verizon.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/URGENT-Storm-Firmware-Problem/m-p/106813 and redownloading the available apps, I have noticed I am missing the following apps I had before

-Word Mole

-Brick Breaker

-Youtube

I have tried sending Service Books and doing a hard reboot by removing the battery, but I am still not getting these apps back, any possibility of getting these apps back?

Hi,

Connect your Storm up to Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Select Application Loader.  Select Add/Remove Applications.  Go down the list and check your missing applications such as Word Mole and try to reload it there.  That should do the trick.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

Anybody?  I could really use those apps back

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

So i'm guessing i'm **bleep**?  There must be some way to get back these apps, would Verizon honestly make an update that would erase everything on your phone with no way of getting it back?  Very bad move on Verizon's and Blackberry's part :manmad:

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

24 hours and 69 views later, and STILL no reply?  If you don't know, at least say you don't know (that way I can tell that people are at least reading my post and not just reading a bit of it, ignoring it and moving on), now I really want these apps back, isn't there some site or something where I can redownload these?  The more and more I use the new update, the more and more I wish I never went through with it

There is nothing I hate more than asking a question, and never getting a reply from it, so please, can anybody help me?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

mikedamirault wrote:

-Word Mole

-Brick Breaker

-Youtube

Hi,

Connect your Storm up to Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Select Application Loader.  Select Add/Remove Applications.  Go down the list and check your missing applications such as Word Mole and try to reload it there.  That should do the trick.

Doc

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, worked like a charm, well, except for one app, but I guess I could always wait

Would you have any idea if the Youtube app will be available for 5.0 anytime soon?  I couldn't find it in Add/Remove, and all the other sources I could find said that it wasn't available for my Storm (though I used to have it before the update), I believe that maybe it had something to do with the fact that 5.0 had incompatibility issues, so I would just need to wait for an update, I guess until then, I always have m.youtube.com

Thanks again

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad you got it going.  I haven't heard about YouTube for 5.0.  Google seems to be on top of things, so maybe it won't be long.

Doc

0 Likes