Re: Moto Droid Mutes During Call
RayLuva

Yes, I have the same problem and it really urks. I can be on a call but then all of a sudden my caller is wondering where I went, I discovered that my cheek, as I talk on the phone will hit the mute/any other button on the touch screen attempting to do something else, I would then have to drag down the notifications to get back to my live call. Guess I'll have to try this suite that that a previous poster spoke about. Come on Motorola....there's gotta be something you can send us via software update.

0 Likes
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, here's your problem Eris users. There's a sensor to the left of your ear speaker (top left of the phone), if your ear or some part of your head is not within about a half-inch of that sensor the screen will not turn off.

If the screen does not trun off then you can push buttons with your cheek or chin.

So, solution, HOLD THE PHONE TO YOUR EAR AND COVER THE PROXIMITY SENSOR.

IF YOU DON'T COVER THE SENSOR YOU WILL PUSH BUTTONS ALL THE TIME (LIKE THE MUTE BUTTON OR THE SPEAKER BUTTON,)

Shoulder holding the phone will most likely allow you to push buttons. It's a smart phone, not a mind reading phone.

The screen won't just turn off because you want it to.

MOTO Droid users, I don't know how to help you. But at least try holding the phone to your ear and see if that helps.

0 Likes
colfrmb

Screen Suite app improves the situation tremendously on the Moto Droid.

0 Likes
mangus

you're hitting the "add call" button by accident with your cheek, and its taking you to a dialing screen that automatically mutes you. you have to hit the back arrow for it to unmute you. theres an ap called shake awake you can use to prevent this

-tech support

0 Likes
Droid4Business

Check this out.  Motorola, this is unacceptable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leg5JX3KYuw

This is the replacement phone from Motorola after we tried all of the updates and master reset fixes. During a call the screen turns back on when it should stay off. All the buttons are active, so calls are muted, ended, or other buttons are pressed - all during the call! This is not acceptable. This phone should foremost work as phone for voice conversations, and secondarily as a *smart* phone for apps and services.

0 Likes
Droid4Business

This is unacceptable Motorola!  Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leg5JX3KYuw

This is the replacement phone from Motorola after we tried all of the updates and master reset fixes. During a call the screen turns back on when it should stay off. All the buttons are active, so calls are muted, ended, or other buttons are pressed - all during the call! This is not acceptable. This phone should foremost work as phone for voice conversations, and secondarily as a *smart* phone for apps and services.

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes