Music App
gemro311

Hello

I am trying to find out how to get The Music App updated to include the settings menu. I am running a rooted 2.2 on my Eris and my friend has 2.2 OTA on his Moto. His wife has an Eris 2.1 OTA . When they open the Music App they do not have settings as an option . While my Music App does. Is there anyway for these folks to get this option . Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Music App
moates
Contributor - Level 3

The music application is different on the two devices due to the manufactures overlay of the OS. A settings option in the music application will differ from the HTC device to the Motorola. It may also differ due to the updated software version 2.1 vs. 2.2. The only native option supported on the music application are as follows:

Motorola - In the music application the menu key will present the following options:

-Play all
-Party shuffle
-Shuffle all.

The only other option is to long press on the name of the artist or album.

HTC Eris - In the music application the menu key will present the following options:

Shuffle on/off
Repeat
Add to playlist
Set as ringtone
Properties

Depending on what section you are in there is also the following:

Add a playlist
Play all
Delete Playlist
Shuffle all

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Music App
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Your music app has whatever the dev of the rom you are using has built in. You could try pulling the apk and try installing it on the other phones, though there is no guarantee that it would work. This may be a question better answered over at xda.
0 Likes