My new LG Enlighten
Insomniac77

Hi all! I just got my LG Enlighten the other day and I am having a problem with it. I already spoke to Verizon customer service and they had me update the phone. I did and I still have the same problem. My phone randomly says "Verizon Wireless" in a woman's voice. It happens mostly when I am trying to access menu items or when I am adding new contacts. I went through the sound option menu and there was nothing under alert sounds that said "Verizon Wireless" . Is anyone else having their phone randomly say "Verizon Wireless"? Maybe it thinks I am senile and forget every few minutes or so who I have as a wireless carrier. Gets so frustrating, especially when I don't want to disturb people around me. My other issue is not having a calendar to use. I have never used a phone for internet service, nor will I ever. That's what my laptop is for. I can't understand why it isn't preinstalled like my LG Env3. I just want to use this phone for texts, calls, and pics. I don't want to have to go online to make reminders for my appointments. Will there ever be an update that will install a calendar? I think it is a great feature to have on a phone. Hope everyone has a great weekend!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new LG Enlighten
AZSALUKI
Legend

Elitist_Jerk wrote:

sounds like some kind of romaing notifcation

i believe this may be correct. i saw a thread on this quite a while back. i can't find it now.......but somebody's device just kept yelling "verizon wireless" randomly (in business meetings and conferences....lol). if i recall, turning off the data roaming notification worked. i wish i could find the thread.

edit: found it:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Discussions/My-phone-keeps-yelling-quot-Verizon-Wireless-quot/td...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
Insomniac77

Thank you for your reply. This happens even when I am just sitting on my couch where my connection is strong. I don't really go places where I get roaming. In this economy I really don't have chances to travel. So far the phone seems to be ok today. Did wake up to a very low battery though. Guess smart phones drain a lot faster then phones I am used to. I sometimes miss the 2lb brick phone that I got in '97'. Lol all it did was makes and receive calls. Had games like Pong..Ahhh the simple phone days. :womanvery-happy:Have a great weekend!:womanhappy:

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

you can be roaming just sitting in your house, it has to do with which ever tower is more dominate in your area. you'll never get charged extra since vzw has roaming agreements and vice versa

yah smart phones can be a battery hog, you might look into turning your mobile data off when youre not using it

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Elitist_Jerk wrote:

i believe this may be correct. i saw a thread on this quite a while back. i can't find it now.......but somebody's device just kept yelling "verizon wireless" randomly (in business meetings and conferences....lol). if i recall, turning off the data roaming notification worked. i wish i could find the thread.

edit: found it:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Discussions/My-phone-keeps-yelling-quot-Verizon-Wireless-quot/td...

0 Likes
Insomniac77

Thank you so much for all your help! Hope you have a great Holiday season!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes