NASA APP: From Nasa
B33
Legend

If you are into NASA an watching the Space Shuttle an other things from Nasa interest you: please Download this app as it is available in the Market Look Foor ( NASA APP ) from Nasa. The videos when viewing on Wi-fi look as good as viewing on TV. i Was impressed how good it looked on my Droid X

0 Likes
Re: NASA APP: From Nasa
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion.  Will the NASA Website survive the end of the space shuttle program?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Jm i hope so i watched the show last night on the last flight of Atlantis an it did bring a few Tears two my eyes because of these few things 

1.its a end of something that was started when i was only 9 years old in 1979 an has went as long as it has an i think it could've of went a few more years as long as birds were in good enough shape to fly but it was very expensive to fly em.

2.Although they're wanting to go into Deep space exploration its going to 3 years before we have a Space Vehicle in the U.S.  that'll take our Astronauts to space as they'll have to Ride up with the  Russians, the Japs, an i think the united Kindom has a Ship to go to the International space Station.

3.Seeing all the Employees that are Loosing there Jobs From the ones that Build the Engines, The External Tank, The SRB's an the Employees at the Cape When Atlantis went up they Cheered as i Did But that was the End of There Jobs. The Ride is Over an some of them worked For these Places 25 an 30 years. An that Right there would Be a Tough one to Swallow.

4.An seen part the Footage of Challenger an all of the footage of Columbia First when challenger went up an it Exploded i was in highscool an was coming from Woods class an i was a Sophmore an i was 16 at the Time an i ask Our Pricipal Did i hear Right what happen to Challenger an he said yes it did'nt make it up to space. An the first word that came out of my mouth was Dam i can't believe it an he said yes i know its a Dam shame to loose 7 Great People of Cource we had our little Smart Butts that went around saying Nasa gonna Need 7 More Astronauts or other Crap. But i did'nt pay no attention to Them.

An when Columbia was Returnig Home an Broke up I seen the first Coverage of it an when they said were it Broke up i Knew it was'nt to far were my Niece lived an one's in the area were out looking at the Debrie but NASA got on the Networks Really Quick an Told Residents in the Area to Leave it Alone. Wich Was Good Thinking.

But whats Sad about all this is for the 40 some odd years that something has went on at the Cape its going to Be Silent O i'm sure There working on something Right Now but it Won't be Revealed for a While.

But as you said i hope they'll keep the Site Active For ones to see.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Thanks for the info on this app, DincX110.

P.S. You and I are the same age, and your post brought back memories of Challenger.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

I need to make alittle ajustment on my post above that's Sydney with the y not the i sorry Sydney my mistake  :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

That's OK, DincX110 ... I've had worse things done to me.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes