NFL Mobile, Having issue with the video feeds.
ZombieKillerXXX

I have a Motorola Android 2 phone. I've had the NFL Mobile app installed on my phone now for close to a year. I pay the $5.00 a month to get all the streaming video's, NFL Red Zone and NFL Network live feeds. I really like the app and use it almost everyday (as it is great for following your favorite team and team related news when your on the go). Anyways I've been having the same issue now for the last 4 to 5 months. When ever I go to watch a video or live NFL Network feed, the video will play and play all the way through, but the image itself is all scrambled....to the point where you can barely make out what is even going on, on the screen. The audio on the other hand is completely fine. It's really clear, no crackling, etc. It's just the video itself that is not coming through clear. Like I said before it doesn't matter what video it is, it could be archive footage or live streaming feeds. The audio works just fine, you can hear everything going on no problem, but the video looks all.... "scrambled"...I guess that would be the best way to describe it.

If anyone else out there has experienced what I've just explained or knows of a way to fix it I'd love to hear your comments. I would have brought this up sooner but I didn't start experiencing it until after the season was over so it wasn't super important at the time, but with the new season fast approaching, I'd like to get this problem solved asap.

Just a quick note, I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, clearing data, etc. I'm all out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike

0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile, Having issue with the video feeds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm a huge fan of the application myself, ZombieKillerXXX. So we need to get this fixed before training camps open. Are you having problems playing any other videos? Is your device still under warranty? Thanks in advance for your help.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile, Having issue with the video feeds.
ZombieKillerXXX

Hey, I'm right there with you. I love the NFL and the app works great with this recent exception. It doesn't get much better than the NFL Red Zone, unless you have the NFL Sunday Ticket. Anyways to answer your 1st question, No I'm not having any problem with any other videos. You Tube works great along with any other video playing apps I have. It's only the videos on my  NFL Mobile app. Like I said they were working fine up until a few months back, then they decided to stop working. The thing I find weird is, the video still plays, and the audio is great, the picture is just fuzzy and scrambled. It reminds me of when I was younger and "if" your parents had cable but didn't have Cinemax, late at night you could flip the channels back and forth really quick hoping in vein to see a breast for a split second....that's what the screen looks like.....(didn't mean to take it there but that is exactly what the screen reminds me of if you actually sit and watch one of these videos, streaming live or archive).

To answer you second question, I've had the phone for over 3 years so I highly doubt a warranty still exists. Sense I've had my phone for so long I'm way over do for a upgrade which I have several being that I've had my phone for so long. That's not the point though, my phone still works great, I've taken excellent care of it and to top it off the screen still has no scratches. If for some reason I can't resolve this issue getting a new upgraded phone was going to be my next option, but would like to see if I can fix this before going that route.

One thing I was thinking, may have happened, is maybe there was an update and for some reason it caused what is happening with my phone. Sense this has happened I've looked all over the internet to see if other people are experiencing what I've been dealing with and can't seem to find anyone. It seems like my case is isolated to say the least. I've experienced updates changing or effecting my apps in the past that's the only reason I was thinking maybe it had something to do with that, but that is pure speculation.

Thanks for your reply and I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Mike

0 Likes