NFL Mobile - Password Reset Bug
keithtee

I am unable to sign into NFL Mobile on my device because of a recurring issue.

I had an unusual sequence of creating and resetting passwords for my verizon account, which I did on the My Verizon App, NFL Mobile App, and on my PC, before I finished setting up my account with a security question and the rest. Now every time I open NFL Mobile on my Android, it immediately prompts me to reset my password by entering my username/temporary password and create/confirm a new password. I no longer have a temporary password, although if I enter my actual password, it will connect with the server and give me the message: "Services temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code =-1". It's been doing this for more than a month now.

I've tried a few things to get rid of that reset password prompt when I log into NFL Mobile. I've deleted the cache and app data. I've uninstalled updates. It is a factory app, so I can't delete and reinstall the app itself. Sure enough, everytime I open it, it again prompts me to reset my password and gives me an error message when it can't do so. Also, I can't recreate the conditions of when that prompt first appeared, and trick it into doing the right thing, because now that I've set up my verizon account with a security question, it is impossible to receive another temporary password ever again. All I want it to do is prompt me for my username and password, not a password reset!

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone else come across this bug before?

Thanks,

Keith

0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile - Password Reset Bug
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi keithtee,

I definitely understand what you've been going through. We've had a few customers with this trouble and the steps below have working for the majority of our customers.

1. Go into manage apps on the phone and "Force Stop" NFL Mobile.
2. Go to the computer and login to My Verizon with the mobile number associated with the cell line.
3. On the device login to My Verizon Mobile and verify you can see account details.
4. Open NFL Mobile and verify if it's asking for username/password or still asking for temporary password. (if you're only being asked for username/password make sure you use the username and not mobile number)

Please let us know if these steps worked for you.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes