Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navigation App In Korea
waytallwhitey

Hello,

I am in Changwon, South Korea and will be here for the next 18 months.  My nav app doesn't fully function here, it will show my location and direction I am going, but when I type in a destination it says "no route available" even when I am standing outside the destination I typed in.  I did this just to see if it was recognizing my location.  The nav app was a strong selling point in me buying this phone and I really need this to work over here!  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Navigation App In Korea
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

What phone are you using?

0 Likes
waytallwhitey

Droid

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The NAV program can follow you as it is using the GPS.  But I suspect, you are not getting a 3G signal to allow the loading of locations. I can not find anything saying a Verizon phone would work in S. Korea even though it is a CDMA network. 

Did you have international capabilities turned on prior to going to S. Korea?

0 Likes
waytallwhitey

This from Verizon after telling me how to check if my nav app is turned on:

"You may incur significant roaming charges!"

Couple this with outrageous fees to call anywhere aoutside Korea and spotty service this phone is as useful as a brick to me

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

waytallwhitey wrote:

This from Verizon after telling me how to check if my nav app is turned on:

"You may incur significant roaming charges!"

Couple this with outrageous fees to call anywhere aoutside Korea and spotty service this phone is as useful as a brick to me

Did you check into coverage prior to going there????  Even in countries with great coverage, you will incur charges for using the phone.

0 Likes