Navigation problem
arithemag

Every time I opened the Navigation app on my Droid X2, it would offer me the choice between Google Navigation or VZ Navigator.

Today I accidentally chose VZ Navigator. Now, whenever I open Navigation, it automatically goes to VZ Navigator. I would like to accomplish two things here. I want to get Navigation back to using Google Navigation, and also to offer me the choice between the two each time I open it.

When I opened VZ Navigation that first time, I did not select for Navigation to use this option every time. I guess its just set up to steal Navigation the first moment you open it (that's my frustration breaking out). I assume I could probably fix this by resetting the phone, but that seems like an extreme measure for what I think is a small issue that shouldn't have to warrant such an extreme measure. But still, I searched all over my phone and could find no way to reverse this, which is a stupid way to design it. But before I go throwing around accusations, I want to make sure I didn't miss something obvious. Regardless, I need this fixed......does anyone know what I can do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Navigation problem
budone
Legend

The instructions are for an HTC device so you may have to do things a bit different,

From the HOME screen

MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS

Click on the ALL tab

Find the VZW navigator and click on it. Look for an option to delete the file from opening by default

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The instructions are for an HTC device so you may have to do things a bit different,

From the HOME screen

MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS

Click on the ALL tab

Find the VZW navigator and click on it. Look for an option to delete the file from opening by default

0 Likes
arithemag

I tried looking there before, but I found nothing. However, this time around (under closer inspection), I found a "clear defaults" button. It worked! Thanks :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes