Need a memo and/or task app that syncs
BLUEDART

I am switching my work crew over to Android O/S and need some info. First, this is tough for me to "guess", not having my Incredible yet (today or tomorrow) so not sure what comes stock what can be gotten.

So I need some memo or task function (similar to Palm that I am converting a few over from), that syncs when something is added to Google website or mobile device. 

I considered just having an ongoing Google Doc (does Android link up to that?), or use tasks in Google calenders.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. maybe this will become clearer to me once I actually have the phone and can use it for a while.

thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Need a memo and/or task app that syncs
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

BLUEDART wrote:

I am switching my work crew over to Android O/S and need some info. First, this is tough for me to "guess", not having my Incredible yet (today or tomorrow) so not sure what comes stock what can be gotten.

So I need some memo or task function (similar to Palm that I am converting a few over from), that syncs when something is added to Google website or mobile device. 

I considered just having an ongoing Google Doc (does Android link up to that?), or use tasks in Google calenders.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. maybe this will become clearer to me once I actually have the phone and can use it for a while.

thanks!

Hi.  Congratulations on your new phone!  I am sure you will love it :smileywink:   You are correct, when you receive your phone, you will see the Android software has all of the Google applications.  You will be able to use Google Calendars and Google Docs.   If you have any questions on how to use when you receive your phone, please let me know.

Thanks!

0 Likes
BLUEDART

So how do I view my Google Docs (on my GMAIL home page) on my "Incredible". Thx!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Gtasks.  Unless I am violating my Terms of Service agreement discussing an app.  Gtasks syncs with Google Tasks.  Google tasks syncs with Google Calander.  The list goes on.  '

Google calander is cool I have my dad sharing my calander so I can send him invites to lunch and stuff like that and he can click accept or reject and then it goes on the calander.  It's pretty cool. 

I use Gtasks as my task manager but I have to manually sync it because I don't buy apps.  The paid version isn't available on the market only from a 3rd party and I just don't buy apps.  However, I like it better than any of the other taskmanager apps. 

If these are company phones you will need to have their log ins I imagine to be able to add tasks to their phones.  There may be a way to set it up so you can do it without that but I don't have a need for that feature so I just go with this. 

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I can certainly give you more information on accessing the Google Docs.   Do you have your phone yet?   You can either go through your web browser to view your Google Documents or you go to the Application market and do a search for Google Docs.   There is a free one that will allow you to view it also.

Please let me know if this helps.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
BLUEDART

Yeah, found an APP call gDocs notes. Works also.

Thx!

0 Likes
BLUEDART

I found Gtasks lets you sync for free.

0 Likes