New Google Maps Navigation for Android 2.0
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

Question....what happens if you are driving down the road using the new Google maps navigation for android 2.0, and you receive a call?  Can the map still stay on the screen as you talk? If not, does it revert back to where you are on the navigation route when the call ends? Or do you have to start all over again?  Anyone found anything yet on any reviews that I haven't that answer these questions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Google Maps Navigation for Android 2.0
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

According to a review done on http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/10/29/day-2-navigating-with-verizons-droid/ it looks like it will continue to navaigate even while you are on a call....yay!

*Update*

In the comments, Tamara asked a good question. What happens when you get a call and you are navigating? So I tested it out. If you are in navigation mode, listening to your turn-by-turn directions, you will see the call, and have the option to answer. For the duration of the call Navigation will continue in the background, but you will get no notices of turns until you end the call. So don’t stay on the phone during that complicated series of directions. Once the call is ended you return to the navigation screen at your current location.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

wondering the same thing on this. I've seen tons of video reviews on youtube for the Droid, but very few that include the most important feature: The Phone.

Would love to know how the phone works if using the GPS... other apps?

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

According to a review done on http://the-gadgeteer.com/2009/10/29/day-2-navigating-with-verizons-droid/ it looks like it will continue to navaigate even while you are on a call....yay!

*Update*

In the comments, Tamara asked a good question. What happens when you get a call and you are navigating? So I tested it out. If you are in navigation mode, listening to your turn-by-turn directions, you will see the call, and have the option to answer. For the duration of the call Navigation will continue in the background, but you will get no notices of turns until you end the call. So don’t stay on the phone during that complicated series of directions. Once the call is ended you return to the navigation screen at your current location.

0 Likes
Bass59

Mine navigation does not mute when the phone call comes in. Is there a setting that needs to be changed

Mike

0 Likes
cuddlbear

Haven't had it happen yet, but is supposed to give you option to answer or not, and if you do, it will return to mapping where it or you are.

0 Likes
rjones

Does text-to-speech need to be installed for turn-by-turn spoken directions to work?

0 Likes
ilikerice

It must be buffering in the map and route, because yes, it does well, even when on a call, but if you change your route from the designated one, it has to go back online and recalculate your route, and it needs to have a data connection.

0 Likes