New YAHOO! app is out
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't use yahoo messenger, but i know many of you do. now the official yahoo! app is out and so far has got good reviews (appears much better than previous unofficial apps). jus thought i'd let you know. it's in the market as of today.

0 Likes
Re: New YAHOO! app is out
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
No widget with push but hey ya can't win um all I guess. It's def a way better tool than a browser. I give it a 3 out of 5. Widget with push would be a 5.
0 Likes
pghgregsportsgu

The new Yahoo Ap is great but I have a couple of questions:

- I have multiple Yahoo accounts.  How can I add each one?

- How do I turn off the sound notification every time I get an email?

-How do I delete my Yahoo accounts from the Email app that came with the Droid?  No sense in having teh same mail in 2 different places.

Thansk!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sorry pghgreg....i don't use yahoo at all so not sure? i'd suspect the email alerts would be an app setting though? dabu.....what exactly is "push?" i see it refered to on messaging, email, etc....but never knew what it meant?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
To delete email acct, open up app, go to acct you want to delete, then do menu>more>settings>delete account.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Push meaning you get messages as soon as they are sent. I just tested the app to make sure I wasn't missing anything. 

Sent myself a message and it did however "push" it to my yahoo app inbox. So, I guess i was wrong it does have push. Very cool. cool!

I just bumped it up to a 4 out of 5 stars in my book. 

Still no widget to keep on my hompage so i can see my emails without opening the app. They lose the star.

Overall this is a better app than I was thinking. 

Nice!:smileyvery-happy:

Still like Gmail better

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Oh and I guess the app only supports ONE account. Just FYI

0 Likes