New battery monior!! (batteryDetective) based on common issues seen on this board
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I've been bloodying my fingers trying to code this new app that will soon be in the market. I've tried to code it according to a lot of common issues with battery drain and I've tried to make is simple, yet functional.

I'm in the final testing phase for this functionality, but plan on adding more stuff down the line (ie: bad app monitor of sorts...)

It's going to be 99 cents though as I've put a lot of time into it and will put a lot more into it assuming its usable ya know! Hopefully verizon wont kill this thread as I'm looking for thoughts/comments.

Feel free to add ideas or thoughts to what you see here and yes i know i misspelled dbm!) :smileywink:

If the images don't appear, check them out here: http://picasaweb.google.com/kenyu73/BatteryDetective#

0 Likes
Re: New battery monior!! (batteryDetective) based on common issues seen on this board
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3
great app. cant see anything that i would suggest you add or delete. will definately look for it in the market when you release it. yeah, how about an app that automatically kills rogue apps when they automatically start up but allow the apps that are activated by the user to run free. possible?
0 Likes
Re: New battery monior!! (batteryDetective) based on common issues seen on this board
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

The app is published. I'll have more monitor add-ons coming soon... I've got a bunch in mind!

Seach for 'Battery Detective' or kenyu73

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Bah, it's FREE now... just added "AdMob" to it... enjoy!

kenyu73 wrote:

The app is published. I'll have more monitor add-ons coming soon... I've got a bunch in mind!

Seach for 'Battery Detective' or kenyu73

0 Likes
ibasports

How do you get to the monitor screen (the screen you show on the left with the summary), I can get to the settings screen but most be missing something basic on how to bring up the monitor screen.

Thanks!

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Those are triggered thresholds... you'll only get them once you exceed your setting.

If you want to test them, just set them to something extream like 1% Awake, 60F battery temp, etc

0 Likes
ibasports

I just must be missing some very basic thing... I did what you said and got the Fire icon on my main screen in the top left corner, I just can't get to the screen you show on the left...

Sorry! Just missing something very basic...

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

ibasports wrote:

I just must be missing some very basic thing... I did what you said and got the Fire icon on my main screen in the top left corner, I just can't get to the screen you show on the left...

Sorry! Just missing something very basic...

• Set Temp = 70F - should be instant
  • Set Awake = 1% = should be instant
  • Set Signal = 1min dur / 4bars  - should be somewhat instant (unless you have grear signal service)... wont trigger until you build up 1 min of threshold time
  • Set Drain = 1% / 60min -- once your battery drains 1%, you'll get this warning.

Within a 2-3 minutes, you should have 3 of the 4.. if you use maps or play a game, you should see the drain warning shortly after.

Remember, its a notify tool... not a status tool to look at right away.

0 Likes
ibasports

Notify tool, got it!!!

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes