Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New phone, Java and posting to a blog
lposit

I'm leaving on a 3 month boat trip around the eastern U.S. and want to upgrade my phone to a Droid OS. I will have a Verizon connection during most of the trip, including the Great Lakes.  I leave the middle of May and an afraid if I wait till the Incredible comes out I will not have enough time to learn the phone and reconcile any early bugs or recalls if there were to be any. So am thinking of going ahead and getting the Motorola Droid in the next few days. I guess I could pay the restocking fee and switch to Incredible but want to get situated now with my electronics. Any opinions would be welcome.

Second question: I was talking to a Verizon Corp store rep and I asked him to demonstrate a weather URL, locate a storm and then put that in motion. That is quite important to me for my outdoor travels. He said the phone needs Java to do that and it does not presently have it but was capable of it when it became available sometime this year. I thought I had seen friends put a weather radar in motion on other smart phones? Will the droid do this?

Third question: Can I post to a google blog site that I set up for my trip? I would post pics, video and text. Someone said I may have to download to a laptop first?  I want to be able to go to my blog URL on my phone and directly download from the phone to update the blog without having to involve the laptop.  Can I do this?

Thanks for any comments on these questions. I am looking forward to using the android OS. Both the store reps had the Moto Droid as personal phones and I've read this site extensively. Just couldn't find the answer to these questions. 

0 Likes