Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
One More Day then Adobe will Pull the Plug on Flash
B33
Sr. Leader

I seen the Article Via droid life that Adobe will pull the Plug for new installs of Flash tomorrow

Source droid life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/14/reminder-new-installs-of-adobe-flash-to-be-blocked-starting-tom...

0 Likes
Re: One More Day then Adobe will Pull the Plug on Flash
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I already got my copy backed up so I am good..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

will a copy of the apk work on ICS and jelly bean?

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This depends on the modifications made to the code, I have been installing my vackup anytime I reload my device and so far no issue....   Jellybean will be a major change that flash may not work but since they already tested and allowed installation of flash on ICS it shouldnt have any issue with ICS.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I also backed up a copy on the Nexus. I will have to grab the Thunderbolt one a little bit later.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

The flash doesn't work very well. The only current browser that allows flash on 4.1.1 devices is Firefox Beta. You would need to void your warranty if you want to use the stock browser on 4.1.1 devices(chrome is default and the old android browser has been removed). I played around with various combination and only the stock browser and flash work better(I give it a 85% success rate), Firefox Beta is hit or miss on every page(50/50). Everything else has the option to run on 4.1.1 devices disabled(dolphin browser and such).

0 Likes