Open With App Feature
hoffer2045

I have recently installed Microsoft Tag to scan the tags in a magazine and view the videos they link to. I accidentally selected for the scan to open the links in the Browser but want them to open in the YouTube app since they are YouTube videos. I cannot find where in the world you need to go to manually go back and change which application they use to open. It is not in the Microsoft Tag app but is on the phone itself somewhere. Does anyone know where you manually can change the way links open when they resolve?

Thanks,

Hoffer2045

Moto DROID

Android 2.1

0 Likes
Re: Open With App Feature
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

From your home screen touch Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage applications. Touch the app then touch Clear defaults.

0 Likes
hoffer2045

Thanks for the help, however, once I did this it still opens right up into the browser when I rescan the tag. It does not give me the option to select which it uses, browser or YouTube like it did the first time. Any other ideas?

I have tried uninstalling the app, clearing cache/data for all apps, restarting my DROID.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

I just installed Tag. First time I used it I scanned a tag on Microsoft's site. It launched directly in the browser and never asked me which app to use. 

0 Likes
hoffer2045

This may sound like a weird question but was the tag in color? I have browsed the magazine for all tags and it seems like the color tags (not sure what that means) take me to the browser and the all black/white tags asked what app to use. i have associated it with YouTube. Do you have this available to try?

0 Likes
MezcalMike

I see a lot of replies on this topic but none of them offer a solution.  Isn't there any way to get some support for this phone?  Everyone has the same problem: there does not appear to be a way to associate a file type with an app(lication).  Even if you "clear defaults", the "open with" box doesn't always have the app you want to use listed.  How do you change the associations?????  HELLO????

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

has anyone tried emailing the developer of the app. the better apps out there from the market usually have pretty good developers that will reply to your emails when you have questions about their apps.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Settings / Application / Manage Application / All Tab / Brower / Clear Default should worked...

If this doesnt work, The issue isnt the device but app, I agree that you should address this to the developer because this is a 3rd party app...

0 Likes