Opera Mini or Dolphin Browser?
GARYGNU74

Haven't received my Incredible yet but looking at apps in advance. This is all pretty new to me.

Wondering what people's thoughts were as to which app might be better and why. Opera Mini or Dolphin Browser?

Thanks a bunch!

0 Likes
Re: Opera Mini or Dolphin Browser?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I installed Dolphin Browser a long time ago and found it to be cool. I liked how it was like FireFox. Then I realized that it was a big app that took up lots of space on my phone so I uninstalled it. I did have the Opera Mini installed ,but I didn't care for it.I felt like it was hard to navigate on it. About a month ago I installed Opera Mini 5 Beta which is better than the Opera Mini original. I love LOVE Opera Mini 5 Beta.  You should really stick to that browser. Plus it's not even that much KB, so leaves more space.

0 Likes
GARYGNU74

nice - thanks!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Dolphin was one of the first apps I installed on my phone. It went through a rough patch a while back so I started looking for a different browser. Opera mini 5 was one I looked at and it just didn't do it for me. Some aspects of it just felt clumsy to me. It is considerably faster, tho. Dolphin now has dolphin HD which I am using now and I find it to be super slick. I don't have a ton of apps, so I don't usually pay attention to size but you might want to take it into consideration. To sum up, my recommendation is... drum roll please... dolphin HD. Sorry, I know, that was cheesy.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Opera 5 ALL THE WAY!!!

0 Likes
GARYGNU74

Thanks for weighing in. I suppose the beauty in all this is that I can try one and try another and see which I like better. I'm thinking Opera for the speed...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Opera Mini is your best go, I love that they designed it to be just like the Opera Mobile 10 so when I switched I really never noticed any difference, also you cant beat Opera Link to keep bookmarks safe...

0 Likes