Play Store app no longer on my DROID Razr - Gmail app opens then closes quickly
Felicia1972

The Google Play Store app is no longer on my phone, therefore not able to download any apps.  Also, my gmail app on my phone opens then closes quickly.

Please help - thanks

0 Likes
Re: Play Store app no longer on my DROID Razr - Gmail app opens then closes quickly
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is even gone from the Settings > Apps > all tab?

Could it be called "Market"?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Play Store app no longer on my DROID Razr - Gmail app opens then closes quickly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Felicia1972,

Let's locate your missing applications! I know important it is to have a properly working phone at all times. Let's get this fixed. Try looking in the application manager to see if the application is still on the device. Go to settings>application>manage applications>all>Google Play. If the appliction is still there, you can create a shorcut to re-add the application back to apps listing page. If the application is not listed, then you will need to perform a Hard Reset on the device to restore the application. What device do you have? Try clearing the cache on the gmail application. Settings>applications>manage applications>all>Gmail>clear cache>force close. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They said they had a Droid RAZR in the subject line. Of which I'm not sure you steps to get to the manage applications area are quite correct for the Droid RAZR since it is running Jelly Bean (android 4.1+).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Felicia,

Try this - log in to your google account on your computer - play.google.com  and see if your device is listed. If it is, then see if you can install the Play Store from the website.

If your device is not listed, then you may have to set up your Google account again on the phone.  Try doing a system cache clear (which won't delete or remove any of your current settings) and see if that restores it.  If it doesn't, then you may need to back everything up and do a hard reset to restore the Play Store. 

Do you have any Google accounts or apps listed when you go to Settings >> Apps >> All?

0 Likes
Felicia1972

Seems I'll have to do a hard reset. It says Words with Friends is installed, but I don't see it in my apps. Any aps I install say they're installed but there aren't there.

If I do a hard reset, do I lose my contacts and pics? I've synced my contact list and some of my pics so I'm assuming those will be able to be restored on my phone?

Thanks for your help,

Felicia

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Felicia if you have your Contacts set up with your Google Account once you perform the Reset you can retrieve your Contacts after you enter your Google account)  But as one's stated on your Razr if you Tap the Apps indicator it's the Circle with 6 dots and at the Bottom portion of your Razr it should take you to the Apps Drawer Scroll once or Twice to the Right and you should see the PLayStore App Widget but if it not there as you indicated Look for the Old version of the PlayStore it would be called "Market" for Google market and it's indicator is green in Color..

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Felicia, first of all, make sure you are viewing the apps in "All Apps" group.

Once you are in the "apps" (by tapping the "Apps" icon - 6 dots inside a circle, on home screen), if you look at the top left corner, you will see a drop down menu. This is where you select the "view". Some of the items there are "All Apps", "Frequent", "Downloaded" etc. Make sure "All Apps" is selected.

If you don't see your "missing" apps even after "All Apps" is selected, then let us know.

0 Likes