Pop up & Google play store pop ups
apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Several times a day I have pop ups from different websites like findforfun.com, mobi etc as well as Google play store apps pop up at different times while I'm trying to text, call etc. It's not while I'm in one certain thing but it's ALL the time and is quite aggravating. I have installed mobile security, checked for rogue apps, googled to find answers for this and can not find a solution. Is anyone else having this problem? How can I make it stop? I don't have many other problems besides this and it's every single day several times a day. Please HELPPPP.

Re: Pop up & Google play store pop ups
Snn5
Legend

A lot of games and apps that are free use ads to make money.  Read the permissions for those apps on the play store to determine which ones you gave permission to for ads.

apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not even apps I have downloaded. Some are games and luke match.com app. It's actually google store apps to download that pop up as well.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, a lot of free apps, free to use/download games and apps, they use ads.  Some apps will do the same that are downloaded from other sources as well, other app stores like Amazon or the myriad of other app stores for Android out there.

apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never had this problem when I had galaxy s3 and I haven't downloaded anything different then what I have always had. So what should I look for to see if I can stop this mess. It's very aggravating. The s6 has so many pop ups it's ridiculous.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

First try a Safe Mode restart and use the phone like that for an hour or 2.  This will prevent other apps not pre-installed on the phone from running.  If you still get pop ups, we can go from there, but no pop ups in Safe Mode means you have an offending 3rd party app.

Start in Safe Mode

Power the phone off.

Turn the phone back on while pressing and holding the “Volume Down” button.

Keep holding the “Volume Down” button until the Home screen loads. The lower-left corner should say “Safe Mode“.

0 Likes
apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay let me try that and I will keep you updated. So you say about an hour or so?

Snn5
Legend

With the frequency that you say you see the popups, you should see something within the hour.

0 Likes
apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ifor there was a way to upload the screenshots on here from mobile I would show you.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can from PC, but Mobile is pretty limited.

0 Likes