Programs won't uninstall
ArtHansen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have several application which won't uninstall including Lets Golf 2 and NFS shift which were loaded with my Samsung Stratosphere.  Can any tell how to get rid of this application which do not delete from the menu Setting then Application then  Manage Application then select App then Uninstall?  They also can be dragged in to the trash and still again do not delete.

0 Likes
Re: Programs won't uninstall
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

the added bloatware can't be uninstalled

ArtHansen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks I was going to try to get it from the file system ....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a phone with Ice Cream Sandwich, that OS lets you disable the bloatware; unfortunately, that's not an option with your phone (AFAIK)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OS level of the file system on Android devices aren't accessible to the user without going through a method that also voids the phone's warranty and can't be discussed on this community because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

How do you disable them? The only thing I have found is to hide them. Is that the same?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

go to Manage Apps

press on App you want to disable

you'll then see the details for that app, with options to Force stop, Disable, Clear data, etc.

choose Disable

your disabled apps will appear at the bottom of your app list, should you want to re-enable them

0 Likes
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

I tried it but the only option missing is ''disable''. It gives me clear data, force stop, clear cache, and uninstall updates. That's it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are on Android 4.0+, you have to uninstall the updates before the disable option is available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

Yes Ann, I am on ICS. Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes