StanF_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless pushed down an update to my Droid 4 phone recently. Prior

to the update Quickoffice worked fine and I was able to read and create

documents. Now, when I create a new document, or open an existing

document, I can’t see any text. I am able to type text and can even select

it, but I can’t see the text on the screen. I have tried changing the font

size and color with no effect. Also, when I attempt to open an .xlsx

spreadsheet, I get a message “Unfortunately, Quickoffice has stopped”.

Quickoffice version 5.0.109

Android Version 4.0.4

System Version 6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US

I reached out to Quickoffice support and they told me they refused to support it because it came pre-installed in the phone.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quickoffice stopped working after OS update to Android 4.0.4
StanF_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Eventually, I was able to get an upgrade to Quickoffice Pro from the kind folks over at Quickoffice support.  This new version is 5.5.209 and works perfectly.  My guess is that the stock version preinstalled on the phone is not compatible with the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade that Verizon Wireless pushed down to the phone.  You would think that Verizon should have upgraded all of the pre-installed apps, or at least tested them for functionality before they approved the upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StanF_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Eventually, I was able to get an upgrade to Quickoffice Pro from the kind folks over at Quickoffice support.  This new version is 5.5.209 and works perfectly.  My guess is that the stock version preinstalled on the phone is not compatible with the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade that Verizon Wireless pushed down to the phone.  You would think that Verizon should have upgraded all of the pre-installed apps, or at least tested them for functionality before they approved the upgrade.

0 Likes
lparihar9

Hi,

I'm facing the similar problem Could you please help me know what should be done to fix it?

0 Likes