RSS feed widget, ATK, and antivirus question
leader0101
Enthusiast - Level 3

have a few questions about some apps im planning on getting and wanted to get some opinoins about them.

1) i think im right in saying this, and please correct me if im wrong, but i think i need an RSS feed widget to be up to date on websites that i check often. one example is indymogul.com that does film stuff and i dont always want to go to the website to see if they put the next video or something up for that week.

so am i right to say i need an RSS feed widget or app and if so what is a good one to get bc the ones i reviewed on appbrain seemed to have lots of problems.

2) the person i bought the phone from told me to get ATK to keep some apps from running to much, though i actually havent had a prolbme with too many apps running on my phone (like 7 at the most). im still getting a day and a half out of my phone so its not a question of do i need to have it so i can save battery life, but like do i really need it or is there something better to get for the situation if this can even be considered a situation? is there something better to get or do for this?

also im running 2.1 by the way.

3) the phone person also installed an antivirus program on my phone also. is that really neccessary? is there a good one people use the most?

i think she download lookout mobile security app as the antivirus. anybody heard or use it?

thanks for the help

0 Likes
Re: RSS feed widget, ATK, and antivirus question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I believe Google has an RSS reader. Have never used RSS. Still don't really understand it. LOL

I currently use SystemPanelLite as a task manager and have never had ATK or any other auto task killer on my phone since I have owned it.

Antivirus - check this post.
http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Apps/Security-Apps-Lookout-MobileSecurity-Wave-Secure-Mobile-Secur...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

1. I do not use RRS widgets because I always wondered about the power consumption being online so much receiving feed.

2. I use ATK and I perfer to use it over not but that a prefrence, if you feel your device is doing fine without one, then installing one may not be for you.

3. Lookout is the Virus Scan of chose with a number of users (Including Me) but at this time the app may be a comfort item because the level of attacks on Android hasn't because a major issue just yet, I prefer to have it still, just in case.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

I checked out AVG and Lookout and settled with Webroot AV which I have on my PC which works very well

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i use avg simply because i've used it on my pc for years and it is great on a pc so i just figured i'd go with them.

0 Likes