Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radio signals not on the web.
ibwebn65
The gym I go to has a bunch of TV's with each one using a different radio signal so you can listen to them. Is there an app or a feature on the DROID phone that allows you to listen to radio signals for stations not on the web?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Radio signals not on the web.
droidsw
Try TuneIn Radio by Radio Time Inc. It has all your area FM, AM and even some short wave.

I don't see a way to manually tune it, so it would be interesting to see if the signals in your gym are listed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

which droid? the htc incredible has a built in fm radio so if you just activate it then it will work like any other radio....but if you're talking about the original motorola droid, then no. this would require an actual built in fm radio.

0 Likes
droidsw
Try TuneIn Radio by Radio Time Inc. It has all your area FM, AM and even some short wave.

I don't see a way to manually tune it, so it would be interesting to see if the signals in your gym are listed.
0 Likes
ibwebn65

I have the Motorola droid.  I'm not sure what verson, but  I got it in December 2009.  I think it is one of the first versions of droid phones.  Your probably right, and it cannot receive FM radio signals.  Thank for you feedback.

0 Likes
ibwebn65

Thank you for suggesting the TuneIn app.  It is a nice app, and I will definitely use it.  But, it doesn't do what I need it to do.  I was looking for some way to make my droid phone work like a radio, so it would pick up the the radio signals being used at my gym.  Their signals only work in the gym, or an extreamly small geographical area.  The TuneIn app, while I like it, it is like most radio apps and uses the internet connection to get the radio transmissions.  By using the phone's GPS, the app knows what radio stations are in your area, and then creates a list of those stations so you can connect directly to their streaming signal on the web.  Again, thanks for the app.

0 Likes