Receiving Verizon texts twice
dairishchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded Handsents on my Ally and now I keep receiving Verizon Texts messages twice. Once with a callback number and then again. They come one right after the other but it is only happening when someone with Verizon texts me. Is there a way to make this stop? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving Verizon texts twice
dairishchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

if your having the same problem I found something that seems to be working. if you go into Handcent settings go to Receive message settings and uncheck Self-Check. I did that, restarted my phone and I haven't been getting double messages from my friends with Verizon. I hope this works for you as well. It is in a way a relief someone else is having the same issue...I thought I was going crazy haha.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Usually you have to click "clear defaults" in the app section (settings->manage apps->apps->messaging). Once that happens the next time you receive a text a menu should pop up. Just select "use this by default" tap HandCent SMS.

0 Likes
spazzy

I've had the same problem ever since the upgrade over a month ago and currently have a network trouble ticket out.  In fact it's been out for over 2 weeks.  I use Handscent and it is my default.  Both messages come in through Handscent one right after another with 2 separate return addresses and like you only the Verizon issued messages.  Please forgive me, in a twisted way, I'm excited that I came here and actually saw someone having a similar struggle that I've had with my phone.  I do hope that it's just a matter of defaults for you but if not, good luck.  

0 Likes
dairishchick
Enthusiast - Level 2

if your having the same problem I found something that seems to be working. if you go into Handcent settings go to Receive message settings and uncheck Self-Check. I did that, restarted my phone and I haven't been getting double messages from my friends with Verizon. I hope this works for you as well. It is in a way a relief someone else is having the same issue...I thought I was going crazy haha.  

0 Likes
spazzy

WHOA!  That seems to be doing the trick!  I don't completely understand "why" that was the problem but I guess that doesn't matter.  Thanks a million!!!!

0 Likes