Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recovering purchased Apps/Games on Motorola Droid
powerdot

Just curious, if you purchase and app or game for the Motorola Droid from the Marketplace, and afterwards, you end up having to reformat your phone, set it back to factory settings or simply lose your phone and have to replace it, would you have to pay for that same previously purchased app or game again or is their a way of recovering it without having to pay for it again?

-J

0 Likes
Re: Recovering purchased Apps/Games on Motorola Droid
supitsmike

powerdot wrote:

Just curious, if you purchase and app or game for the Motorola Droid from the Marketplace, and afterwards, you end up having to reformat your phone, set it back to factory settings or simply lose your phone and have to replace it, would you have to pay for that same previously purchased app or game again or is their a way of recovering it without having to pay for it again?

-J

The applications that you purchase or download for free, are automatically saved to your Google account. If you lose your phone or have to perform a factory reset, the next time you go into "My Downloads" in the Market, they will be there ready to download.

Keep in mind though, that the apps that you downloaded for free will be in that list once. If you accidentally hit "back" or "home," then the only apps you'll see in the "My Downloads" section will be the paid ones.

Cheers,

Mike

0 Likes
powerdot

Thanks for the info Mike, I really appreciate it.  Just to clarify, the "My Downloads" you speak of is accessed when in the Marketplace by pressing on the "Menu" button (second from left at bottom of Droid between return and home icons) then selecting the "Downloads" option from the popup menu? 

Also would I be able to view my purchases from the google account itself if I were to log into it?

:smileyhappy:

-J

0 Likes
supitsmike

powerdot wrote:

Thanks for the info Mike, I really appreciate it.  Just to clarify, the "My Downloads" you speak of is accessed when in the Marketplace by pressing on the "Menu" button (second from left at bottom of Droid between return and home icons) then selecting the "Downloads" option from the popup menu? 

Also would I be able to view my purchases from the google account itself if I were to log into it?

:smileyhappy:

-J

To answer your questions in order:

Yes, and

Yes.

:smileyhappy: Glad this can help!

0 Likes